PDA

View Full Version : Been dying to share this guy for 3 weeks...:)

Cheval Gris
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:55 PM
I haven't posted on here in a while. The last time was really when I was trying to decided whether to sell a little a over a year ago. Long story short, last year I ultimately decided to try and make it work with my guy, had some good break through moments; I got pregnant in November and decided a few weeks ago that our path just was not going to work with a kid on the way. So, I put him on dreamhorse, and against my better judgement started 'casually perusing' others listed and found this FANTASTIC grey. Well, 3 weeks into having both horses a wonderful young rider came into my life and scooped up my guy for sale. He is now in a home with an ambitious B level pony clubber who is in love with him and wants to take eventing by storm!! I couldn't have hoped for a better situation for him (i held onto him for an extra year for emotional attachment) and now I also have my dream horse in my hands!

These pics are from his sale website (not me riding him), but the knees and cute face made him irresistable!! He is dead quiet and will jump anything in front of him (well we haven't attempted ditches yet:). But I have the summer to work on the basics with him (he is still learning how to steer ;) )and then after my little one arrives hopefully can start showing him! We love him and I just had to share!!

http://www.classicbayeventing.com/#!__lit-de-edwardo

ACMEeventing
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:26 PM
Very cute, congratulations!

Fancy That
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
Congrats on finding a new home for your old boy and for finding this lovely new prospect!

The grey looks sooo sweet and kind and easy-going!!! Beautiufl! I love how he's jumping in that last photo...looks like a Hunter! :)

Enjoy him...post pics when you bring him home.

Cruiser12
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:34 PM
I do love greys!!! He's a cutie- enjoy your new baby AND your new horse!

Cheval Gris
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:50 PM
THANKS!!!! I am ecstatic over him. I don't know if anyone followed my last post when I was debating over selling or not (all the broken bones) but for some reason being pregnant made me a little more sensible! I spent all last summer just getting comfy with the canter before I started jumping again after the last injury and now I am so glad I finally made this choice.
The girl that bought him is fantastic and a really great rider, who I think at 17 will probably laugh at his occasional antics. Plus, she is spending the summer as a WS for Bonnie Mosser!! I think I am happier over his placement than with George.
I have some pics of him at home but they are on facebook and I can't access from work but I will post later tonight :) I just had to post b/c I feel like its finally official now that my other guy is settled in his new home!!
I finally have a horse that I am not afraid to jump, but can get those knees to his eyeballs and take me to a T3D AND I can put my kid on him in a couple years! This boy is also OTT and is definately going to be a spur and whip kind of horse, which I LOVE. Ok i'll stop now! I feel like a 5 year old at disney world! :winkgrin:

Late
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:55 PM
my goodness he is CUTE!

equestrianerd
Mar. 28, 2011, 07:18 PM
Wow, he's the horse I always wanted - right down to the perfect colour! Congratulations, and best of luck with him. :)

Bravestrom
Mar. 28, 2011, 07:21 PM
very cute.