PDA

View Full Version : My mother buys me everything..

rideonbestrong
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:44 PM
So it's like this. My mom supports my events, she knows I love it. Last year she bought me a tr level and a prelim horse - totaling less that $287,000...awesome. My mom is so understanding. My old training level horses was wining but started stopping so I sold her and got the new one. Mom got me a new four-hour gooseneck to go with my truck. And she even helps me at event when she can. I can get anything I want for eventing, my horses and me. How lucky am I?

well sometimes, i feel guilty about not giving back. but geez, working with my trainer, training two horses, going to events...I don't have enough time. Maybe someday I'll have event barn. My goals are not clear beyond training from one event to the nest. And at age 43, there's still plenty of time to do what i love. My mom so understanding. My friends tease me about having everything, especially when i get bored going to the same events and doing well.

Do you know me and what do you think? Upside/downside?
(this thread's information came from four people with the same or similar experiences)

Grasshopper
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:48 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

nft

SevenDogs
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:52 PM
Grasshopper -- do a quick historical search of this OP. MAJOR TROLL,

ACMEeventing
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
There is enough actual action right now, we need not busy ourselves at the troll farm.

deltawave
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
Awesome. This whole day has been of the "WTF"? variety, so this just totally works for me tonight! :lol:

WNT
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:17 PM
I've got to stop watching old X-Files reruns. Everything is getting weird now...

Cheval Gris
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:21 PM
I just posted pics of my new guy! Busy yourself with that its way more fun! Ok I am a little bias :lol:

LexInVA
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:30 PM
I've got to stop watching old X-Files reruns. Everything is getting weird now...

It was weird before. You just didn't have the perspective that you have now.

SweetieG
Mar. 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
From this and other posts, I have decided that this individual enjoys getting others worked up. Surely they can't be serious about the immature things that they have written .

As mentioned before, with all the difficulty this past weekend, we certainly don't need this type of post. I hope that no one will play into this and feed the troll.

ETA: Never said we shouldn't have fun with it, though! Carolinadreamin', love your sense of humor. That will do us all some good!

AppJumpr08
Mar. 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
It was weird before. You just didn't have the perspective that you have now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Carolinadreamin'
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
I want to be adopted by the mom, even though I'm well over 18. I have my eye on a nice f350 and slant load balanced ride trailer. Momma troll - please adopt me.

purplnurpl
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:20 PM
I want to be adopted by the mom, even though I'm well over 18. I have my eye on a nice f350 and slant load balanced ride trailer. Momma troll - please adopt me.

as long as your not well over 42 you are good to go!!

Highflyer
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:22 PM
I could think of a lot of things not totaling $287,000 that would come in handy! :)

monique1986
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:31 PM

Weird is the new normal!!!

Momma Troll~ I am up for adoption also :D

IFG
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:38 PM
And here I just thought that the troll had been drinking. Figured the typos were sort of like slurred words....

Somermist
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:41 PM
Awesome. This whole day has been of the "WTF"? variety, so this just totally works for me tonight! :lol:

And here I just thought that the troll had been drinking. Figured the typos were sort of like slurred words....

This really says it all.:lol::lol::lol:

PebblesNana
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:43 PM
What a coincidence! My mom buys me everything too! :D

and btw: I'll have another drink of whatever she's drinking!

belleellis
Mar. 28, 2011, 09:33 PM
Must get off COTH and call my mom. Inform her I have been getting the short end of the stick for a long time now and I have had enough! Wonder what it will get me?
1. Life aint fair
or
2. Hate it for you
My mom's two favorite lines.

PebblesNana
Mar. 28, 2011, 10:02 PM
Must get off COTH and call my mom. Inform her I have been getting the short end of the stick for a long time now and I have had enough! Wonder what it will get me?
1. Life aint fair
or
2. Hate it for you
My mom's two favorite lines.

Or possibly my favorite "suck it up buttercup";) lol!

amastrike
Mar. 28, 2011, 10:22 PM
This isn't even a good troll. Good trolling is subtle. This is more like an established poster making a spoof.

My favorite no-pity line is "suck it up, princess!"

Steffcia
Mar. 29, 2011, 04:07 AM
Do you know me and what do you think? Upside/downside?
(this thread's information came from four people with the same or similar experiences)

I could be wrong, but I think that the OP was trying to provoke a group analysis or reaction on "that kind of person" and what you your take is on "that kind of person".

I think it was poorly executed; moreover due to the juxtaposition of "four people with similar experiences" I choose not to give my opinion.

riderboy
Mar. 29, 2011, 08:45 AM
You really shouldn't drink and post.

purplnurpl
Mar. 29, 2011, 09:13 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that the OP was trying to provoke a group analysis or reaction on "that kind of person" and what you your take is on "that kind of person".

I think it was poorly executed; moreover due to the juxtaposition of "four people with similar experiences" I choose not to give my opinion.

My situation is lightly in the same direction.

I'm 31.
I live at home (in the 2nd house on my parent's 8 acre property) for free.

They bought a dually to pull the LQ trailer.

They split the payments on the LQ trailer with me (though my mother does have one horse)

I car pool to work (60 miles one way for us) everyday with my Mom and she only charges me a very small monthly gas fee.

Step dad dug up the sandy loam ground for me and made a wonderful area.

He put up lights in the arena

he bought a 5K arena drag which he uses on the arena almost every day (though he uses it all over the farm as well)

He bought a very expensive camera so that he can take pro worthy photos at all of the horsey shows

we go out to eat once or twice a week and I don't usually have to chip in (though I do treat my Mother to sushi with my Mom a few times a month)

I think I'm spoiled.

That being said, I've always bought my own vehicles and horses (started buying when I was a teenager).
My Mom did dish out 4.5K for the first trailer though.

They are awesome rents inside and out.
:D

Gry2Yng
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:03 AM
I'm spoiled too, but it is my DH paying the bills. Trolls are one thing, but drunk totally transparent trolls are another. Boring. Couldn't even get the train started down the track.

deltawave
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:05 AM
I pay my own bills. AND help my mom with hers. :)

And keep pushing the train . . . just doesn't seem to want to budge! :lol:

quietann
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:05 AM
I think the OP was having a little joke, and waiting to see who would bite :)

I have to say, similar to the poster above, I am thoroughly spoiled, though in this case by my husband. He pays my board, in the freaking expensive Boston metro area (though if I move to a more expensive place I'd pay the balance), he paid for about 75% of my trailer (after I paid stupid money for the first, completely inappropriate trailer and ate $4K in the trade-in), and when he decided that his truck wasn't *quite* enough for the new trailer, he bought a new truck. And when we got married in 2002, the poor guy didn't even know I was going to take up horses again.

And dad... wonderful dad who thinks riding is dangerous and wishes I would quit ... kept me in lessons and part leases last year when my horse was out of commission.

I am blessed.

Emmas Hot Brass
Mar. 29, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm 17 and my parents pay most of the bills but I love the feeling of swiping my own debit card and chipping in as much as I can from my next-to-nothing paychecks! My amazing boyfriend chips in, too. I can't thank my loved ones enough for their support in my endeavors.... love love love them. so grateful, and so so blessed. I give back as much as I can!

anywho. though trolling is highly annoying, drunk trolling is hilarious and way better than drunk-anything-else. even drunk karaoke. harmless to us, we dont have to see the crazy antics, listen to the off-pitch screeching, watch them throw up or deal with their hangover, and I got a great laugh. hehehe :lol:

Jooles
Mar. 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
I'm like Deltawave, pay my own bills and have helped my mom out for many years...and now she's in a long term care facility - that's a whopper of a bill. My horse has "chosen" an early retirement. And my personal choice is never to get rid of my horses - like the Post Office - you get in with me and you are good for life! Hopefully soon I'll be able to afford the luxury of a second horse - just wish that time would come quicker - I miss riding!

KateWooten
Mar. 29, 2011, 12:37 PM
I'm spoiled too.

I'm alive, and I have ponies. Chance in a million really isn't it ?

:lol:

Emmas Hot Brass
Mar. 29, 2011, 12:56 PM
I'm spoiled too.

I'm alive, and I have ponies. Chance in a million really isn't it ?

:lol:

:yes: kinko that. too true :D

lcw579
Mar. 29, 2011, 01:59 PM
Wait a minute! My mom was supposed to keep supporting my horse habit when I hit my 40's?! :eek: I've been robbed! I've been lied to! This is an outrage! Heads are gonna roll I tell ya!

:winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin:

CarCat
Mar. 29, 2011, 02:12 PM
I'm spoiled too!

My mom paid to print a photo of my riding, with a frame - totaling less than 287,000!!

Camstock
Mar. 29, 2011, 02:22 PM
And on top of being alive and having horses around (go KateWooten), I just watched a community of people see a troll, choose not to react to it, and change the topic to gratitude.

Awesome.

EquineRacers
Mar. 29, 2011, 03:40 PM
wouldn't it be weird if you had to actually work for something! WOW! Whata thought!

MunchingonHay
Mar. 29, 2011, 06:11 PM
And on top of being alive and having horses around (go KateWooten), I just watched a community of people see a troll, choose not to react to it, and change the topic to gratitude.

Awesome.

This.

good job boys and girls !

BTW I am available for adoption a steal at 34 yrs old

ACMEeventing
Mar. 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
You really shouldn't drink and post.

I looove you guyz sooo much . . .(hiccup) . . . no i mean it. . . i looove you . . .

I'm okay to drive , er, post . . . what was i doing?

jackalini
Mar. 29, 2011, 10:56 PM
I buy me everything horse related. I bought me a trailer, a tahoe to pull it, a fab new jumping saddle, and all the other trappings. In fact, I bought me a horse about 7 years ago.

I spoil me so much. I should really try to make me be more appreciative of all the things I buy me, but well, I love me. :D :winkgrin: hic. hic. hic.

RykaShines
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:06 PM
i, too, am very spoiled!
my parents are paying for college!
which should total quite a bit less than $287,000 (let's hope, at least)
and if i stay on the deans list i also get a car! (but i think that's just cuz they miss me and all)

when i ask for other things, however, it is usually met with the response:
"when i was your age my mom gave me $20 for clothes, so i learned how to sew, and i made all my clothes, do you wanna make all your clothes?"
uhm... , no mommy! i dont even know what that sticky stuff is on the super sticky breeches!

sadly, i am not up for adoption :no: i like the parents i already have too much :yes:

englishcowgirl
Mar. 30, 2011, 11:50 AM
Weird is the new normal!!!

Momma Troll~ I am up for adoption also :D

Me too! Come pick me up!!! Available ASAP! :D

poopoo
Mar. 30, 2011, 03:52 PM
This is the best you can do to get a reaction? I would be embarassed...

Wee Dee Trrr
Mar. 30, 2011, 04:33 PM
Feel free to skip this, it's going to be like a bad Grammy's acceptance speech... I'd like to thank...

My Mom. For paying for my undergraduate degree. For realizing how important the horses were to my young life. For buying the truck, trailer, farm, horses, equipment, etc. For teaching me to work for the things I want. For making me understand that she was NOT made of money.

My Fiance. For realizing that horses will never leave and they make me terribly happy. For helping me pay rent. For feeding me. For encouraging me to move an hour away to pursue a Masters. For loving me even though I'm obviously a crazy person.

My Barn Owner. For letting me stash my horse at her house board-free until I have a job. For treating my horse like he is one of her own. For letting me have input on the old prelim mare she bought from me years ago.

My Trainer. For being a great roll model for the last ten years. For giving me opportunities to "work off" things like lessons and shows. For making me feel important by putting me on her OTTBs. For picking out suitable horses for me. For teaching me not only great riding skills, but horsemanship as well.

My Future In-laws. For giving us the most amazing engagement ring (bwaha!:eek: girly and loving it!) and truck (eeee! truck!!:cool:).

Done. :D

eventer_mi
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:07 PM
Considering the current state of the economy, I'm grateful that I HAVE a horse, and that we're not hurting financially. I work to support my horsey habit and buy my husband nice things without his knowledge - he pays for the rest.

We should all be grateful that we have horses to ride, and that we have the freedom to enjoy our sport. 'Nuf said.

catosis
Mar. 30, 2011, 06:22 PM
I am grateful I have (sort of) weekly lessons, a house to sleep in, a car to drive, and a college education ahead of me all supplied by my parents. I am grateful they taught me the value of not only hard work, but also money. I am grateful that not everything is handed to me like so many other horse girls my age, because by the time I am 30 I will still love riding as much as I did when I was nine.

CBudFrggy
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:59 PM
Haven't been on here in awhile, but...

Grateful my DH survived his cancer; grateful for my good job; grateful I was able to hang on to Froggy (though some weeks it wasn't pretty); and wish I had more free time to spend at the barn.

Sorry I have to continue to pay my law school loans for 20 more years.

Spoiled (just not rotten).