PDA

View Full Version : Hold Harmless/ Rider Release Form?

Zarafia
Mar. 28, 2011, 01:56 PM
Folks here seem to be very kind about sharing this sort of thing. I am about to start allowing other people to ride my horses here for lessons and possibly trail rides.
Does anyone here have that sort of form? BTW the people will be required to wear helmets and I live in FL.
Thank you.

ChocoMare
Mar. 28, 2011, 02:01 PM
PM me your email and I'll gladly share mine :)

Zarafia
Mar. 28, 2011, 02:16 PM
PM me your email and I'll gladly share mine :)

Thank You!
PM will be forthcoming!

shortbusgeek
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:38 PM
We post all of our agreements on our website. We call that one a "Participation Agreement" I believe, and also have a "Barn Rules" agreement that goes with it...

http://www.ponytailacres.org/riding-lessons/

Zarafia
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:44 PM
Thank you David. Nice website.

PRS
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:41 AM
Keep in mind that if your state has an Equine Activities law those laws are usually very specific as to what Verbage must appear on warning signs and any releases signed in order to claim protection under the law.

Example of Georgia's verbage:

Warning - Under Georgia law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant to Chapter 12 of Title 4 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated.

The law is very specific as to what size signs and lettering must be posted too. I've attached a copy of the entire section of the law. Please note section 4-12-4.
Geogia's Law:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0BzhVZudgo9CCYWU0MGVlODAtZTUwZS00YmE3LWEzY2M tMWEyNWI4Njg1YTg5&hl=en
I feel certain that Florida has a similar law.

Zarafia
Mar. 30, 2011, 10:50 AM
I've got all the legal signage, in triplicate LOL. And I've got a great boarders contract, just nothing specifically for a non-boarder rider on one of my horses.