PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a good riding kid or young adult that can ride for me?

benni
Mar. 27, 2011, 09:34 PM
I am in the Atlanta area - sometimes there is a good former junior out there in the work force that might like to ride, but doesn't have the money, etc. Anyway, if anyone knows of anybody - please send them my way! And thank you, everyone!:)

War Admiral
Mar. 28, 2011, 12:24 AM
Good luck w/ that. I've been looking for a year and a half to no avail....

MIKES MCS
Mar. 28, 2011, 10:54 AM
Well, you have to consider that the kids who can afford to show the big shows don't need a ride and the kids who can't afford it but are tough and talented need to support themselves. If you offer room and board and a small salary enough to pay for their food and car insurance and maybe room for their own horse you could probably find someone very dedicated and talented.

ponies123
Mar. 28, 2011, 10:56 AM
Isn't jsalem from the Atlanta area? Maybe you could send her and/or other Atlanta area trainers a PM or e-mail and ask if they have any junior or ammys in their barn who are good riders who would want the extra saddle time. If you were two states north I'd be all over this type of opportunity!

Running Fox Farm
Mar. 28, 2011, 12:55 PM
Well, Atlanta is a 3 hr drive from us , which is unfortunate as my son is 95 lbs, 5'4" and a decent rider ( still a jr) who would kill for the opportunity! I work and can't do he drive time, unfortunately. But, if there's anyone closer...

Spud&Saf
Mar. 28, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hunters or Jumpers?

For jumpers, Hannah Anderson is a wonderful rider and can be reached via Kim Lands...

xxreddxheaddxx
Mar. 29, 2011, 11:14 PM
what level/kind of experience are you looking for this person to have?