PDA

View Full Version : Florida trainers and barns

nlk
Mar. 27, 2011, 05:05 PM
I may be looking into moving to Florida in the next year or so. So as a preemptive move I am starting my research of farms and trainers now.

not only will I need to board my horse but I will also be looking for work ( 12+ years in all parts of the industry)

So any suggestions of farms and trainers now would be greatly appreciated. I looked at various "associations" hoping for an "affiliates" page and was unsuccessful.

Meliora
Mar. 27, 2011, 05:11 PM
This is a big state:) To which part of Florida are you planning on moving? Also, what kind of barn do you need? I know many very helpful people will pipe up and help you with your search...Good Luck!! Try www.gohja.org (local barn page for Central Florida Hunter/Jumper), www.newhorse.com is a great one too.

cloudyandcallie
Mar. 27, 2011, 05:17 PM
Robert Robold at North Hammock Stables. He can also give you advice on other areas of the state. Great guy and good rider.

mroades
Mar. 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
Yep, it would be helpful to know which part of Fla you are considering

forestergirl99
Mar. 27, 2011, 07:48 PM
Seabreeze Farm in Geneva.

Pixie0304
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:59 PM
yeah, knowing which part of florida would help, and what kind of barn and trainers.

south florida I worked with RG Wilson, excellent for dressage, flat
and i dont know if he is still a trainer but Chris Bennings is good for hunter/jumper

now, central florida, I know an excellent one for dressage too, Peter Stoepker.
for hunter/jumper I would say Suzanne Muchow, I have not work with her, but from what I saw, she looks great.

for a job, it will be harder, so many people are looking for work right now. your best bet would be to find a place that can hire you and give you like a discount on your horse board, or some place would do it free if you work for them

alliekat
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:38 AM
Contact Alicia at Barrington Hill. She runs a hunter/jumper/breeding farm that also host shows. Beautiful place and super nice folks.
www.barringtonhillfarm.com
BTW she is in Dade City which is just out side of the Tampa area.

nlk
Mar. 28, 2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Looking at the Orlando and Ocala areas right now. This is still VERY up in the air but I would like to start looking now to figure out if it is feasible.

I would consider other areas as well nothing is set in stone.

I am looking mostly Hunter/jumper but I have a background in Dressage as well.

Pixie0304
Mar. 28, 2011, 05:50 PM
yay to Orlando :D lol
if you have any questions, PM me, I'll be glad to help ya in this area, I know what it is to be new ;)

Zarafia
Mar. 28, 2011, 06:10 PM
If you end up in the Ocala or Gainesville area, PM me. I know a few nice places.

tasia
Mar. 28, 2011, 07:28 PM
You can pm me also. You will love Ocala:yes: Also check out the barn book for central FL

maxxtrot
Mar. 28, 2011, 09:54 PM
i also live in ocala. pm me with any questions. i work for a local large animal hospital in town too.

Kryswyn
Mar. 28, 2011, 10:17 PM
Robert Robold at North Hammock Stables. He can also give you advice on other areas of the state. Great guy and good rider.

I sold a really nice pony to him in fifteen or so years ago. Very pleased with how he handled everything. He had good connections and found a great buyer and the pony went 3d Nationally in the Small/Medium Greens the next year.

Trilogy48
Mar. 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
www.gohja.org has a list of Central Florida barns, especially in the Orlando area, there are a lot of great ones to choose from. If you have any specific questions, you are also welcome to PM me. Good luck with your move!

RyuEquestrian
Mar. 29, 2011, 03:39 PM
Same here. If you end up in the Orlando, Ocala or Gainesville area, PM me.

MajfrmNY
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:34 PM
What is with all the pm's? Why so hesitant to post suggestions? Just wondering.

Zarafia
Mar. 29, 2011, 07:44 PM
What is with all the pm's? Why so hesitant to post suggestions? Just wondering.

Personally, I want to know a little bit more about a person before recommending a barn. That's all :).

NiQi
Mar. 30, 2011, 02:42 PM
The Tampa Bay area is great for barn searching too. LOTS of good trainer to choose from. Try www.floridahorse.com

If your looking to show, I rode with Ravenwood Farm when I was younger. They know their hunters thats for sure. If I ever move back to Fl I would ride with them again.

Good luck on your search

Sugarbrook
Mar. 30, 2011, 02:49 PM
I hate PM's. I have my email address listed for questions.

Manni01
Jun. 18, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hi everybody.
Just found this Thread. Will move to the Area of Sarasota next year and therefore will be looking for good trainiing facilities for my horses.

kelsey97
Jun. 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
^^Manni: What type of horses/riding do you do? What type of facility are you looking for?

Manni01
Jun. 18, 2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry, should have specified it... Actually I'm rather looking for Dressage facilities. I own 2 older Dressage horses and 2 young ones which need to get started next year. I have no real problems with Jumping stables as long as there are well cared riding arenas...