PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca Farm question

archieflies
Mar. 27, 2011, 04:26 PM
So hubby is going to take me to Montana this summer to camp in Glacier NP then drive up to Banff for a few days. I've conned him into planning the trip around Rebecca Farm. We'll most likely only be going out for cross country day.

The website says FEI levels will run XC 8 to 5 pm Saturday. Can anyone who's been tell me more specifically how long the big levels usually take and in what order they run? I want to see the good 3* stuff, 2* if possible, but we will probably need to leave early afternoon to start the long drive up to Banff. Am I going to be missing much? We can definitely still reorganize our schedule, but Hubby isn't going to be too keen on "losing" an entire day. :)

three_dayer
Mar. 27, 2011, 06:14 PM
they try to put the "big" levels at around 11-2 to get the biggest crowd.

archieflies
Mar. 27, 2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks!!

PuraVidaEventing
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
Last year the 1 star started at 8 am, with the CCI first and the CIC 2nd. The CCI is usually a pretty big division and takes a while. I think they then did the CCI2* and then the CIC3*. There are breaks in there as well, so I think the 3* started around noon or so last year at least.

archieflies
Mar. 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
Awesome, thanks! Will plan on staying until about 2ish. :) Can't wait! I've never seen anything higher than prelim go! Watched the aerial fly-over of last year's course and it looks like an amazing place!

WNV
Mar. 28, 2011, 09:27 AM
Rebecca is awesome!! usually freakin' hot, and definately worth the trip. Think we are planning our summer vacation around the XC day!