PDA

View Full Version : Gwen Nardi article

Afire At Night
Mar. 27, 2011, 02:03 PM
I was reading the Chronicle Connection, and was inspired by the article on Gwen Nardi. At the end she says how she's been supported by her family, friends, mentors, etc. As someone who has very very little family support for my interest in horses (though I want to pursue a career with them), I was struck by how important that particular base of support is. I would love to know how those in the horse world/industry, and some of you guys, have made it with little to no family support.

Madaketmomma
Mar. 27, 2011, 06:53 PM
I have known Gwen for a long time and was going to post about that article. She is such a talented wonderful person and deserves as much publicity as she can get. Gwen should be an inspiration to all women as she had a goal and went after it, breaking the barrier of a boys network and excelling. If anyone is looking for a great farrier in the Rochester area, you can't go wrong with Gwen!

Madaketmomma
Mar. 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Bumping up for the weekday crowd. OP-I would maybe change the title to better reflect the article and not just Gwen's name so that more people will read it!

Anyplace Farm
Mar. 28, 2011, 01:34 PM
OMG! She is my farrier and I ADORE her! She is just cute as a button and nice, nice, nice. She's so patient with my guy and always so professional.

Although she's officially back in NY, I've kept her as my farrier here in VA. She still has several clients here in VA and treks down for us.

She's pretty much the reason why I went ahead with the purchase of my horse. I told her about some problems I noticed with his feet and asked her how 'fixable' the issues were. When she said 'very', I closed the deal and hired her as my farrier.

She rocks! I'd not heard about the article (she's so humble) and will seek it out now!

Madaketmomma
Mar. 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
OMG! She is my farrier and I ADORE her! She is just cute as a button and nice, nice, nice. She's so patient with my guy and always so professional.

Although she's officially back in NY, I've kept her as my farrier here in VA. She still has several clients here in VA and treks down for us.

She's pretty much the reason why I went ahead with the purchase of my horse. I told her about some problems I noticed with his feet and asked her how 'fixable' the issues were. When she said 'very', I closed the deal and hired her as my farrier.

She rocks! I'd not heard about the article (she's so humble) and will seek it out now!

O.K. Anyplace, this is going to seem kind of stalkerish, but I started reading your blog a while ago and I saw that you talked about Gwen your farrier and I knew it had to be her. I was going to email you and ask you, but I thought it would just be a little too weird. LOL. I have known Gwen and her twin sister Jill forever. They are both the best!

Anyplace Farm
Mar. 28, 2011, 03:04 PM
O.K. Anyplace, this is going to seem kind of stalkerish, but I started reading your blog a while ago and I saw that you talked about Gwen your farrier and I knew it had to be her. I was going to email you and ask you, but I thought it would just be a little too weird. LOL. I have known Gwen and her twin sister Jill forever. They are both the best!
Well I wouldn't have thought it stalkerish had you contacted me! It's a public blog and people contact me all the time! I did switch things up a bit and tried to eliminate my name from just about anywhere I could both on my blog and on my webpage for reasons I won't bore you with. But other than that, I love when people send me messages thru my blog!