PDA

View Full Version : VA/DC/MD people: help finding trainer for young horse

French Twist
Mar. 27, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hi all, I've got a 4 y/o Dutch WB that's living in Mass... but I live in DC/VA right in the city and it's time for her to move. Any recommendations on a good trainer to work/ride with her- within an hour commute Rosslyn/Arlington VA? She does wtc and schooling changes with a pro, but will need to be finished and shown by a pro. I'm hoping for a place that has lots of turnout and a full training board for her- and can also help me eventually - a somewhat wimpy, if otherwise perfectly capable 3' adult amateur rider. Thanks in advance- feel free to PM me as well. :)

Rok&Rol
Mar. 27, 2011, 12:30 PM
Rolling Acres Farm in Brookeville MD. This is an A show rated barn with excellent trainers for both riders and horses.
They have a website. About an hour from the White House.

Hilltopfarmva
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:52 PM
I've been riding with Gavin Moylan since September and love him! Great for riders that need a bit of confidence and he's ridden some of my babies and they go so well with him. I'm going to have him show some of my homebreds this year. He's in The Plains.

M. O'Connor
Mar. 27, 2011, 11:54 PM
Just sent you a PM.

monalisa
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:28 AM
Ditto Rolling Acres. They do a good job with the young ones. Have sent mine to them for years without regret or incidence.

justdandy
Mar. 28, 2011, 09:02 AM
Another vote for Rolling Acres. :)

justmagic
Mar. 28, 2011, 12:45 PM
ESP Farm and Rachel Kennedy. I also sent you a longer PM but you can't go wrong with either place (ESP or Rolling Acres)

gottagrey
Mar. 28, 2011, 01:55 PM
I'd have a chime in on the Rolling Acres side as well. Rolling Acres has a trainer that stays home and I think will take some to local schooling shows and B rated shows? Which IMO would be good for a not-ready-for-prime-time youngster - why spend all that $$ at a rated show doing unrated schooling classes when you might be able to do some good local schooling shows first? These days I'm all about the economy - MINE LOL.

Rolling Acres is also fairly easy to get to from DC and Rosslyn,VA area. Virginia has some great places as well. Rollingacresshowstables.com - their achievements are too numerous to mention - Mary Lisa is a top hunter and jumper rider (has won numerous grand prixs)

Alan Lohman is another bet - he's in Poolesville, MD also easy drive from Rosslyn, VA - and a gorgeous facility lohmanstables.com. Alan had 2 of his riders win the Children's Hunter Championships at WIHS and his wife was reserve in the Adult Hunter Championships at WIHS this past year.