PDA

View Full Version : amerigo size

colorfan
Mar. 27, 2011, 12:25 AM
Now I know my mare is a wide in a L and R and ex wide Albion is there any point at looking at Amerigos? Do they come that wide?

Do they come in a hoop tree?

alto
Mar. 27, 2011, 01:21 AM
You might contact Ann at Equestrian Imports, they do list 5 tree widths so you may find what you're looking for width-wise ...

http://www.equestrianimports.com/shop/new-saddles/amerigo-dj-saddle/379.html

jn4jenny
Mar. 27, 2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, you can get them as wide as XW (which is +4.5). They are built on A-shaped trees, not hoop trees.

Every wide horse is different, so without knowing what your horse looks like, it would be impossible to say whether Amerigo is worth your time.

STA
Mar. 27, 2011, 09:13 AM
I have a LaBelle, which is a saddle made by Amerigo. It is wide. Go to my site below and give me a telephone call if interested.

Po-Po
Mar. 28, 2011, 01:29 PM
The A-shaped vs. hoop tree is mentioned quite a bit....can someone please shed some light on the difference between the two? Thanks.

Yes, you can get them as wide as XW (which is +4.5). They are built on A-shaped trees, not hoop trees.

Every wide horse is different, so without knowing what your horse looks like, it would be impossible to say whether Amerigo is worth your time.