PDA

View Full Version : mother of the year award

jody jaffe
Mar. 26, 2011, 04:44 PM
http://shop.ebay.com/bww6/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

i hope this little girl knows how lucky she is.

Guin
Mar. 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
Stupid shopper award, IMHO. Just take the kid to a tack store and buy her boots that fit!

sonomacounty
Mar. 27, 2011, 04:41 AM
That was kind of mean, Guin. You don't know the reason for those different boots. :( Thing aren't often what they appear to be.

jody jaffe
Mar. 27, 2011, 08:34 AM
I see them at the horse shows tending to their little girls. Often, the kids don't know -- or show -- how lucky they are. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing I'd had someone like that in my corner.

So to all you daughters who read this, go hug your mother and tell her how much she means to you.
JJ

Trixie
Mar. 27, 2011, 09:23 AM
My mother always had a tissue in her purse. She was very non-horsey and she would grab one of her tissues to wipe my boots and the ponies nose. Usually it was the same tissue, pony's nose first. :)

She got along fabulously with my jumper mare. She came to one of the hottest shows of the year one recent summer, spotless in a white polo, khaki shirt, and sandals, and managed to maintain spotless while sitting in the shade with my mare, sipping lemonade, while the rest of us managed to get well and totally filthed (for which she offered us tissues).

Tuesday's Child
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:07 AM
Trixie, that's really cute :)

I hope the little girl does appreciate the trouble her mother is going through to get her some boots, but I also kind of have to agree with Guin... if you know your kid is growing like a weed, why would you buy her custom boots that take forever to come in :confused:

enjoytheride
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:09 AM
LOL, looks like someone who randomly buys things on ebay without making sure they fit first.

sonomacounty
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:19 AM
You know, I just opened some of those e-bay ads and read the reasons for the purchase and sale. You are right, Stupid Shopper. Apologies.

HopeandJoy
Mar. 27, 2011, 10:32 AM
When I was 12, my first pair of tall boots were given to my by my best friend after she had outgrown them by the time they arrived (they were custom) so I have to say love people who order custom boots for their growing daughters!

Guin
Mar. 27, 2011, 07:03 PM
LOL, looks like someone who randomly buys things on ebay without making sure they fit first.

Yes, that is what I was saying. Looks like she's spent at least $600 bucks so far. For $400 she could take the kid to a tack store and buy her boots that fit!

barnbum81
Mar. 27, 2011, 07:06 PM
a few more pairs and she can just buy customs :)

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
Mar. 27, 2011, 09:18 PM
Well, I was that super awkwardly built 14 year old- wore a 7.5, but needed slim and about 2.5" taller than anything off the shelf. Unfortunately, I was growing still, and needed boots quickly (one of those "holy crap, by boots fit me yesterday, I SWEAR!!" moments), so customs were not in the cards. My mother's solution that year was to buy about 6 pairs of custom consignment boots in one day in hopes that at least one pair would fit. We sold the other 5 pairs on ebay and only lost about $20 when all was said and done.

fourmares
Mar. 28, 2011, 01:07 AM
It looks like they live in a little town in Wisconson... probably not a lot of english tack shops near them... and who wants to drive anywhere in the snow?

Poniesofmydreams
Mar. 28, 2011, 08:05 AM
My daughter went through a rapid growth period. Not a whole lot of fun for Mom or the wallet. But we are lucky to have our choice of tack shops a short distance.

barnbum81
Mar. 28, 2011, 09:31 AM
Well, I was that super awkwardly built 14 year old- wore a 7.5, but needed slim and about 2.5" taller than anything off the shelf. Unfortunately, I was growing still, and needed boots quickly (one of those "holy crap, by boots fit me yesterday, I SWEAR!!" moments), so customs were not in the cards. My mother's solution that year was to buy about 6 pairs of custom consignment boots in one day in hopes that at least one pair would fit. We sold the other 5 pairs on ebay and only lost about $20 when all was said and done.

Gotta love puberty, BTW noticed you were in Berlin, I grew up in Badkissingen, near Scwienfurt and Frankfurt. I miss Germany so much!