View Full Version : is this/was this saddle an ok deal for the buyer?

Mar. 26, 2011, 11:10 AM

Mar. 26, 2011, 04:22 PM
I would say that in the scheme of things, it is a decent deal. I resell saddles for people at my barn and I tried to sell a brand new (well, ridden in maybe 5 times) all buffalo SE01 identical to this one and I could not sell it for the life of me at $3600 or best offer........and that was for a NEW one.

Yours was not the deal of the century if you have been following auctions on saddles for the last year. However, it is a fair deal for all involved I would say.

All the french saddles have just ok resale these days. Everyone wants a bargain. I had a like new 2010 all buffalo Devoucoux Biarritz as well and I had to do some serious marketing to sell it for $3200.

They just do not sell well these days even though retail is creeping close to $6k when all is said and done after taxes, etc. on most all buffalo saddles.

Mar. 26, 2011, 04:47 PM
If that's the model you were looking for and your choice was buying new? Probably was! Especially if you're shipping for a saddle you need now.

If you have more flexibility about what you want? There are better deals.

I was beside myself with happiness when I bought a Stackhouse jumping saddle for a tad over $700 last fall. But I didn't need a saddle right away -- I just keep an eye out for nice saddles that suit me and are too good to pass up.

Mar. 26, 2011, 08:12 PM
That saddle is still listed as On Trial on the dealers website rather than sold, despite the "No Return" listed on the ebay auction ...

Mar. 26, 2011, 10:17 PM
maybe they allow for returns if it doesnt work out?