PDA

View Full Version : EAP - So who so far has been accepted?

sunshinestate
Mar. 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
I see some people have learned of their acceptance for the first round of EAP.....any news from fellow COTHer's?

myalter1
Mar. 25, 2011, 05:29 PM
a girl in our barn was accepted and I am SO happy for her!!

DamonsDuet
Mar. 25, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm both new to COTHF and the EAP process! How do they send out the EAP results? You said "so far", does this mean they don't send out entire zones' acceptance letters at once?

Sorry if this is super ignorant (--and it is, I shouldn't deny it, hahah) I had no clue what the EAP's were a before this. I applied really last minute, then had problems with things going through, and my application already wasn't put together very well.. So chances are close to nothing, but it'd be nice to know if I should still be keeping an eye open. One can hope?

Congrats to everyone who did make it!! I'm clinicing with Melanie next weekend (!), but I'd prefer to go again and join you guys :) Keeping the fingers crossed..

ponyjumper525
Mar. 25, 2011, 11:48 PM
I've been accepted! I'm just not sure how I'm going to get a horse up to Fulton, MO....

Can anyone who has done it give me any pointers/what to do and not do?

Thanks!

Jamie2337
Mar. 25, 2011, 11:59 PM
I have to ask....What is EAP?

SnicklefritzG
Mar. 26, 2011, 12:34 AM
EAP = Elvis Aaron Presley. Even the equine community is doing their best to investigate all purported sightings.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Mar. 26, 2011, 01:10 AM
I've been accepted! I'm just not sure how I'm going to get a horse up to Fulton, MO....

Can anyone who has done it give me any pointers/what to do and not do?

Thanks!

If I had been able to do the program again this year I'd be looking for a horse in the St. Louis area to lease for the long weekend, rather than hauling my own horse there for it. It's more a clinic format, and if you can adapt to a horse that isn't yours and still preform you'll be looked upon favorably.

Do: listen, pay attention, watch others carefully, go early, stay late, and be a leader who does more for their horse than anyone else.

Don't: be late, sloppy, careless and DO NOT pat your horse. ONLY rub. That's a huge peeve of Ms. Melanie and she'll make it clear the first time someone pats their horse...

SnicklefritzG
Mar. 26, 2011, 04:33 PM
^^ Regarding the above, there are a couple of very famous trainers/clinicians who don't like it when riders pat their horses. Have any of them ever discussed the reasons why they don'
t like it?

jenm
Mar. 26, 2011, 04:44 PM
^^ Regarding the above, there are a couple of very famous trainers/clinicians who don't like it when riders pat their horses. Have any of them ever discussed the reasons why they don'
t like it?

It appears that most horses don't like heavy pats and that rubbing their necks feels much better and is therefore better perceived as a reward/positive reinforcement.

Jamie2337
Mar. 26, 2011, 06:38 PM
I am still confused. Is there somewhere I can read more about this?

Rio Blanco
Mar. 26, 2011, 06:53 PM
Look it up on USHJA's website.

Just my thoughts, but if you've been accepted and don't think you can make it to the clinic site....why not let the next person on the waiting list that can go, go?

Opus1
Mar. 26, 2011, 07:48 PM
I am still confused. Is there somewhere I can read more about this?

http://www.ushja.org/eap/default.aspx

Wanderluster
Mar. 26, 2011, 08:39 PM
My student got her acceptance letter this week ! We are really excited , she was a talented rider ready to move forward last year. We purchased a green jumper last April and began the long process of familiarizing her to the "craft" of genuine riding and her horse to accepting the challenges that are posed without sensing fear or insecurity from his rider. I am so proud of her, she handled a lot of forthright critisim and drilling from me to advance.

Wanderluster
Mar. 26, 2011, 08:47 PM
BTW it is short for the Emerging Athletes Program. It was started by the USHJA as a way to reach the most promising young riders in the country. It is similar to getting a scholorship or fellowship to study and advance your education of skills from equine health, stable management, selection and training prospects and general education.

`reppy
Mar. 26, 2011, 09:10 PM
We also had a girl in our barn selected. We're all thrilled for her. She's a great kid and a wonderful rider. It sounds like such a great opportunity.

SkipChange
Apr. 22, 2011, 10:12 PM
To people that were accepted--did you get an email or physical mail sent to your house? I was in a zone with a later application date, but I feel like they should be letting us know pretty soon.

gusbabe
Apr. 23, 2011, 07:19 AM
DD got in!!! We are very excited!

Skip change- You receive an email with attachments of all the forms you need to submit by a certain date. If your email is not working properly, call the office to see if you made it in. They sent all the acceptance notices for the clinics due Feb 25th on the same day. It sounds like you are in the group which was due Apr 1st. Good Luck!

koppem10
Apr. 23, 2011, 03:36 PM
A good friend of mine who rides on our ihsa team with me got accepted, Jul Kime. Cant wait to hear about everything she will learn! I'm so excited for her as she is excited herself.

Rel6
Apr. 23, 2011, 03:46 PM
I got accepted for zone 2 and im very excited! (and nervous lol)

lilmisshunter
Apr. 25, 2011, 10:46 PM
We have a young girl at our barn that was accepted!! Sooo excited for her. We are all going to root her on!! Congrats to Lily!!!

kkmggn
Apr. 25, 2011, 10:54 PM
Was anyone NOT accepted? because i wasnt and i actually think I'm the only person.

RumoursFollow
Apr. 25, 2011, 11:11 PM
Awh- kkmggn, I am SURE that is not the case. Someone on another thread stated that they had not been accepted in their zone but were told they could go in a different one. I am SURE that there are some zones that are much more competitive than others. I'm sure you will find other wonderful opportunities soon. :)

Collegebound121
Apr. 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
Anyone from zone 9 hear??

sarcam02
Apr. 26, 2011, 05:27 PM
EAP = Elvis Aaron Presley. Even the equine community is doing their best to investigate all purported sightings.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LovesHorses
Apr. 26, 2011, 10:13 PM
Two of our clients in Zone 9 got in. One had to call and ask as they had the wrong email address.

I called on our other girl as she didn't get an email, yet she was the alternate for the National Finals last yr. Apparently, they are now cracking down on anyone who has show over 1.35m. Unfortunately, they do not inform you if that is the case. Our poor girl shows at 1.10m and sometimes 1.20m. A show in 2009 accidentally listed her as entering the 1.40m Grand Prix. Well that was a clear mistake. If you examine her show record that was obvious. Sadly, the EAP program just assumed she went in the class and took her off the list of those being considered for the program without alerting the rider that this was happening. So now she won't be accepted into the program over a clerical error. A little annoyed with it all. We tried to call today and get it sorted out, but it isn't looking good as acceptance letters were sent out yesterday. What a bummer.

DamonsDuet
Apr. 27, 2011, 12:17 AM
Two of our clients in Zone 9 got in. One had to call and ask as they had the wrong email address.

Same thing happened to me, wrong email address. Twice :( They finally gave up on my email address and started sending to my mother, heheh. (We'll pretend I'm not about to turn 19..)

But they were extremely nice and called me after our application for the actual acceptance was due, and in turn informed me I'd even made it in the first place. They've been extremely helpful for me, and I've had to personally contact them over every single step of this process due to one thing or another. I've been such a pain! But Jennifer and the rest of the team has been very understanding and patient. I'm sorry to hear about your client's mix-up, yikes..

Rel6
Apr. 27, 2011, 12:28 AM
Same thing happened to me, wrong email address. Twice :( They finally gave up on my email address and started sending to my mother, heheh. (We'll pretend I'm not about to turn 19..)

But they were extremely nice and called me after our application for the actual acceptance was due, and in turn informed me I'd even made it in the first place. They've been extremely helpful for me, and I've had to personally contact them over every single step of this process due to one thing or another. I've been such a pain! But Jennifer and the rest of the team has been very understanding and patient. I'm sorry to hear about your client's mix-up, yikes..

Yup, my mom called me to congratulate me and I was clueless as to what she was talking about. They emailed her, not me.

I've had to email Jennifer for multiple small things and felt like a huge pain also! Glad to know its not just me :)

redancepony
Apr. 27, 2011, 09:50 AM
Will they post the lists anywhere publicly after the riders are all notified?

Rel6
Apr. 27, 2011, 10:15 AM
Will they post the lists anywhere publicly after the riders are all notified?

The list for zone 1 was posted in another topic, but other than that I'm not sure.

crazyhorses
Apr. 27, 2011, 03:40 PM
A friend of mine got in :)

LovesHorses
Apr. 27, 2011, 10:34 PM
The USEF was kind enough to fix out students show record and the USHJA let her in for Level I, wahoo! The USHJA did suggest to check your own show record each yr to make sure there aren't any mistakes.

FiveFathomFarm
Apr. 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
I was accepted for Zone 3 in the 3'6" (working student - woot!). The two other working students at my barn were accepted as well (one in 3'6" and one in 4').

If anyone else is going to Knoxville please come say hi. My name is Katie and I'll be on my midget throughbred (bay w/ blaze).

Rel6
Apr. 28, 2011, 11:59 PM
I was accepted for Zone 3 in the 3'6" (working student - woot!). The two other working students at my barn were accepted as well (one in 3'6" and one in 4').

I'm pretty sure they only had 3'6'' and 3'9'' heights this year :)

LovesHorses
Apr. 29, 2011, 03:11 AM
The section heights are 1.10m (3'7") and 1.20m (3'11").

Rel6
Apr. 29, 2011, 11:09 AM
The section heights are 1.10m (3'7") and 1.20m (3'11").

Oh ok. Just goes to show that I really need to learn metric!

DamonsDuet
Apr. 29, 2011, 12:47 PM
Oh ok. Just goes to show that I really need to learn metric!

I just throw out the closest number, I like my groups of 3's! I'm pretty anal, 3'7 and 3'11 bother me.. Not that I had any part of this discussion :)

And yes, you were most definitely not the only one to feel like you were contacting them more than you should be.. heheh.