PDA

View Full Version : Online Entries?

icy98ach
Mar. 25, 2011, 02:02 PM
I signed up for Equestrian Connect earlier this week because I'm just tired of of filling out entries. Does anyone know what shows are still making people mail in their entries and we haven't gone fully electronic?

I was speaking with an eventing friend of mine who can do everything online and pay for all fees via credit card.

Why is it taking so long for this to hit the H/J world?

S A McKee
Mar. 25, 2011, 03:46 PM
I signed up for Equestrian Connect earlier this week because I'm just tired of of filling out entries. Does anyone know what shows are still making people mail in their entries and we haven't gone fully electronic?

I was speaking with an eventing friend of mine who can do everything online and pay for all fees via credit card.

Why is it taking so long for this to hit the H/J world?

Actually I hope it never becomes the norm. It costs the show to accept credit cards and it costs the show to sign up for the online services.
And it may restrict the show's choice in software if they have to use a particular format to download from the online site.

This will result in more fees on top of office fees, grounds fees, schooling fees, ambulance fees, emt fees etc etc etc.

Hunter entry fees are not regulated. A show can change $500 or whatever for a division with no prize money and of course no regulation on all the nickle and dime fees either.

Some of the online hunter jumper sites like the one at WEF require a membership payment in order to use the service.

You may have trouble believing this but there are still a lot of one day B C shows especially in the NE. This is not something those shows may be prepared to do.

But I'm happy that you are prepared to pay more $$$ at each show. LOL