PDA

View Full Version : Crosspost: IL to FL Shipping

Frizzle
Mar. 24, 2011, 11:18 PM
So, today I've been contacting seemingly every horse transportation under the sun, and I've gotten three responses from major shippers that either Chicago-Miami is not on their route or they do not have any loads headed this way (Equine Express, Cox Equine, and Beacon Hill). I have quote requests from several other companies pending, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations. I figured there would be a ton of shipping companies making that route (especially since we have several racetracks down here and there's Arlington in Chicago -- although, please forgive me, I don't know much about racing schedules).

This horse is an OTTB, and basically a rescue. His owner is dying and she owes a ton of back board on the horse. The owner of the barn really can't sell him because he has many issues that need to be taken care of. She's willing to let me take him (pending owner's or family's permission) because she knows I'll give him a good home and she really has his best interest at heart. As soon as I can get him signed over to me and get a health cert./Coggins, he'll be ready to go. So, my schedule is pretty flexible.

Any ideas?

Elementgrl2
Mar. 25, 2011, 09:47 AM
Did you try Craig at C&E
http://www.candehorsetransportation.com/

Indy
Mar. 25, 2011, 09:57 AM
Check with Tony at Crossroads. He may be making a few more runs down to FL.
http://www.crossroadsequinetransport.com/

Life is Good 2
Mar. 25, 2011, 11:24 AM
I have used Tony and was very happy.

RumoursFollow
Mar. 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
You can also try Aprile Horse Transport- they have generally come through for me when no one else could. :) (708) 258-9449 They are based in Peotone, IL.

LuvMyTB
Mar. 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
Try Drexler out of Hampshire, IL.

Sparky
Mar. 25, 2011, 10:26 PM
Craig Sappington Phone: 847-815-6533. Fax: 847-844-1024

His trucks make that trip several times a month. He's based out of the St. Charles area.