PDA

View Full Version : Equissential breeches??

comingback
Mar. 23, 2011, 07:51 PM
I'm at my wits end. I'm just out of the range of normal sized breeches and any of the "plus sized" brands do not fit me well. I was thinking of ordering equissential breeches through smartpak but had a few questions since customized items are non returnable.

Are they show quality?
Is the fabric forgiving when it comes to showing how, shall we say, lumpy and bumpy you might be:lol:
The material says french terry...not sure what that is comparable to but is it relatively comfortable in the summer months?

Any other feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated!

mustanglover
Mar. 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
I have 5 pair of them
2 western
1 full seat
1 sticky bum
1 artic breech

I love them a lot!!!

I sent in my size, had hubby measure me. The fabric is stretchy and look professional. The deer hide is soft but give some really nice stick in a saddle.

I have had mine since 2007 and I have sent one pair back to have them repaired.

They will send you some swatches if you ask. Darcy is really awesome.
http://ahorse4humanity.com/images/jill1.jpg
thats the chocolate western ones with the gold side zipper and cell phone pocket.

comingback
Mar. 23, 2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the response! Sounds like they are good quality... I'll look into the swatches.

If anyone else wants to add more I'm all ears:)

kdow
Mar. 24, 2011, 12:32 AM
I'm curious about how people feel about the western and endurance ones, with the knee patch that comes all the way down to the ankle? I rather like the idea of not having to fiddle with tall boots or half chaps, particularly in the summer...

myrna
Mar. 24, 2011, 12:57 AM
I have 5 or 6 pairs and love them.I have even sent back a worn out pair and had the leather put on a new pair............They are so comfortable.

BAC
Mar. 24, 2011, 11:00 AM
I have only heard great things about their quality, durability and the great customer service. I didn't know you can get them at Smartpak, you can order right from their website, http://www.equissentials.net/. My only hesitation was the very specific care the deerskin required, it seemed like too much work to me.

myrna
Mar. 24, 2011, 11:39 PM
I don't take very good care of them.Throw them in the wash machine once in a while with leather laundry soap and hang to dry.They are still wonderful.

mustanglover
Mar. 25, 2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah I wash them and once a month put the leather conditioner on them.

The western ones, my only issue is they do get a little heavy in the summer. But I also did not get the lightest weigh fabric.

I got junk in my trunk, lets me be honest. Having them made for my body was awesome and comfy.

beaujolais
Mar. 25, 2011, 10:40 AM
You might like Tropical Riders (see their website). I get the Enduracools, super, super stretchy and comfortable. Decent prices, too.

boosma47
Mar. 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
Love my Equissentials - 4 pair, 2 have been rehabbed. Having my choice, all my breeches would be these, or Tropical Riders.

Now, as to the bumps and bulges, those I have plenty of, and the terry covers them pretty well. The deerskin is also rather flattering, even to a prodigeous posterior!

comingback
Mar. 25, 2011, 01:10 PM
They will send you some swatches if you ask.

I emailed them this morning and they said swatches are on their way :)

I got junk in my trunk, lets me be honest. Having them made for my body was awesome and comfy.

Unfortunately my junk is elsewhere:D but I look forward to seeing what the material is like. Everything else is too big, too tight, too sloppy, etc....

Now, as to the bumps and bulges, those I have plenty of, and the terry covers them pretty well. The deerskin is also rather flattering, even to a prodigeous posterior!

Hallelujah!

I have only heard great things about their quality, durability and the great customer service. I didn't know you can get them at Smartpak, you can order right from their website, http://www.equissentials.net/.

The only reason I mentioned Smartpak is that I am returning yet another pair breeches to them that were an epic fail! They are carrying several styles from Equissentials including the customs and some "off the rack" styles too. However I emailed Equissentials directly for the swatches.

Thanks everyone for your input. We'll see what happens!