View Full Version : Rose Hill Farm Bedford VA (Roselawn Farm, Malvern PA)

Mar. 23, 2011, 01:48 PM
Anyone have contact info for this farm ? Anneleisa King was my childhood trainer in PA and I'd love to get in touch. Anyone remember Roselawn Farm in Malvern, PA when she and Hunter King ran it ? Had one of the first equine pools, just up the street from Radnor ....I was there in the early eighties - GREAT memories !

Mar. 23, 2011, 01:51 PM
OMG I remember Roselawn Farm's weekly ads in COTH with sale horses, in fact we stopped there and looked at a horse. This was in the 1960s. Is the farm still there in PA?

Mar. 23, 2011, 01:59 PM
Every spring now I go up to the Bryn Mawr hound show at Radnor, drive past the McMansions sitting in the field where I used to ride and start crying. I did hear that the original stone farmhouse was moved a few farms over and restored. Dougie King, Hunter's son, has a jumper/ sales barn just around the corner. Would love to hear from anyone who was there in the early eighties....

Mar. 23, 2011, 02:01 PM
Anneliesa's address is:

4823 Peaks Road
Bedford, VA 24523

I'm not comfortable giving out her phone number and e-mail on a public BB, but if you want them, PM me and I'll pass them along.

Mar. 23, 2011, 02:04 PM
What a shame about the PA property, I hate those McMansions. :mad:

Chester Step
Mar. 23, 2011, 02:48 PM
I rode there from 1983 to about 1988 with Anneliesa and Hunter. I'm sure we knew each other! What is your name?

Mar. 23, 2011, 03:09 PM
we must know each other, that's exactly when I was there as AL's ws. Would be great to hear from anyone from that era, I have since found my old pony Ziggy and Karyn's pony Mandy. Do you remember them ?

Mar. 23, 2011, 04:56 PM
They are my neighbors. Annalisa had a serious riding accident last fall and shattered her hip. Recovered now but no longer riding.