PDA

View Full Version : IRH Elite Ultra

Give and Take
Mar. 22, 2011, 06:01 PM
anyone have one? likes/ dislikes? does the leather make them heavier?

thanks!

Pixie0304
Mar. 22, 2011, 06:11 PM
I was just helmet shopping and almost bought that one , reason is, there isnt a lot of people out there who tried it and reviewed it, or have it for long enough to be able to give opinions. second reason, I live in Florida, no way I can support the heat already with regular helmet so leather one... :cry:
which is too bad cause I really liked the look of it

I went for the IRH elite extreme, hopefully well ventilated :D
plus I am not showing right now.

tamarak_equestrian
Mar. 22, 2011, 10:21 PM
I too have the elite extreme, it was my Christmas gift to myself lol. Right now I'm just using it as a schooling helmet but so far I really like it. I think it's ventilated better than my GPA was.

Pixie0304
Mar. 22, 2011, 10:31 PM
ahah mine is my " tax return" present to myself :D
I really hope it's well ventilated for Florida cause the ATH WAS NOT, plus you can remove the inside and wash it. and oh yeah, is safe :)

I will invest in a GPA or the elite ultra later on, or even a samshield if I found more reviews on them, but right now, I cant drop 500 $ for a helmet :no:

Give and Take
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'm kind of turned off by the new GPA's. they don't fit the same and they have the same styrofoam interior as the cheaper helmets.

they all have the same safety rating and i thought the ultra looked better vented and still fun for the jumper ring.

anyone else?

Kikki
Mar. 23, 2011, 12:51 AM
i love mine. I had the extreme for a while then decided to upgrade to the ultra. Its not at all hot compared to the extreme and I don't think noticably heavier. I'd highly recommend it. I just couldn't convince myself to spend the money on the speed air.

Pixie0304
Mar. 23, 2011, 07:30 AM
give and take, which GPA's model are you talking about?

if they now do it the same as cheaper helmets, I dont see the point on paying 500 $ unless you just want the GPA for what it is

good to hear the ultra is not heavy or hot !! :D
but again I dont know cause Florida gets too hot... I'm not native from here so it is hard ! lol

but my order is already place :( I'll have to wait to try the ultra!

Concetta
Mar. 23, 2011, 11:45 AM
I've been considering the Extreme and the Elite Ultra as well...however i think its worth mentioning about the Tipperary Sportage Helmets....they are extremely light weight,well ventilated and comfortable...and they look similar to the GPA's and IRH's at a fraction of the cost

I use this one for schooling:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_X1-36064

and was considering their new model for showing:

http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-36307&TID=nextag&EID=X1845001&catalog_code=1X845&zmam=1460880&zmas=1&zmac=36&zmap=X1-36307

dab
Mar. 23, 2011, 12:10 PM
I have the Elite and want to get an Elite Extreme -- Very well ventilated, and the interior looks more sturdy to me than the Speed Air -- I did need to order it in a long oval, so was glad that option exists --

I've looked at the Ultra -- I'm afraid I would scuff up the leather -- Plus I see plenty of other black 'plastic' helmets in the show ring, so I don't see the need to pay an extra $100 for leather -- Still, it's a neat look --

Give and Take
Mar. 23, 2011, 12:28 PM
I have the Tipperary for schooling and love it. I asked them a couple years ago if they were coming out with something a little less shiny for the show ring but what's in the new Dover catalog looks like you're mentally communicating with another planet.

I looked at some GPA's down at thermal and the fit was a little different than my older one. The new 56 was too tight and i have a round head. Plus you can now see that they have the same impact fill as all the others. Really can't justify paying for a name and sweating all day.

Does the sizing run true for the IRH or a little big? No one has them around here so I might have to order 2 just in case...

Bolero
Mar. 23, 2011, 01:10 PM
Have you guys seen this one (http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=9509)yet? I think it's pretty!

Pixie0304
Mar. 23, 2011, 01:51 PM
I heard really good things about tiperary but never tried one on.
I have had IRH for 6years now and was satisfied so why not stick to it?
I had the ATH in size 7 and order the same size for the extreme, they did not have it in the store so i could not tried it.
dont know if they run big, to me, they've been exact sizing for me

my GPA was stolen and i am not ready to put another 500,
IRH are pretty decent price in my opinion.
i tried the speed air and god , it is heavy compare to IRH !

afterall, they are all certified and approved so what is the difference except the name on the front? are GPA and IRH and other not made with the same material ?

the one you put in link is just the Elite

Pixie0304
Mar. 23, 2011, 01:54 PM
the good thing with the extreme is that you can remove the inside and wash it.
dont know if GPA can do that ?
so at least, if they are not as ventilated as the company stated, you can wash the inside where you sweat.