PDA

View Full Version : Favorite no slip pad...

JumpinBean17
Mar. 22, 2011, 04:46 PM
So my newish horse has ginormous shoulders and a HUGE jump...needless to say I finally found a saddle that fits him great (my new county innovation, love it) however now that the winter thaw has begun and we are starting to jump again I'm finding the saddle slips a bit after jumping ... any recommendations for your favorite no slip pads?
When would you opt for a pad over a breastplate?
TIA

sarcam02
Mar. 22, 2011, 04:57 PM
I have had sucess with the nunn finer non slip pad. However , the best product I have to prevent slippage is the "Professional choice" neoprene hunter girth. I removed all the ugly labels with a seam ripper and even show in it. The saddle does not move an inch with that girth

akhunterrider
Mar. 22, 2011, 06:00 PM
I bought a nunn finer no slip pad. It's worked very well.

horsepoor
Mar. 22, 2011, 08:08 PM
I have a no-slip pad that I got from Tad Coffin with my TC saddle -- I really liked it as it is thin and a nice shape, and the holes are smaller than the Nunn Finer one so I think it might create less pressure/friction points on the horse.

Pally
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:12 PM
Gel-eze (super sticky blue squares) are officially sold as under wraps for bandages, but they are also commonly used as no slip pads. Very effective, just be careful to lay it flat and make sure it stays that way if you adjust your saddle after being tacked up.

HowDoILook
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:17 PM
Gel-eze (super sticky blue squares) are officially sold as under wraps for bandages, but they are also commonly used as no slip pads. Very effective, just be careful to lay it flat and make sure it stays that way if you adjust your saddle after being tacked up.

I love my Gel-eze! I found it worked way better than the Nunn Finer pad.

Across Sicily
Mar. 23, 2011, 02:45 AM
I use an Ecogold no-slip pad and a Thinline girth. That combination seems to keep things from moving around too much!

Napoles
Mar. 23, 2011, 06:33 AM
Limpet Pad - no question!
I bought one for a very big moving dressage horse many years ago and combined with a Friedi Roosli saddle was the only thing that kept the saddle from moving on her. Plus the anti-concussion properties are excellent.
They are AMAZING!!!
http://www.limpetsaddlepad.co.uk/

Oldenburg99
Mar. 23, 2011, 09:30 AM
I have had sucess with the nunn finer non slip pad. However , the best product I have to prevent slippage is the "Professional choice" neoprene hunter girth. I removed all the ugly labels with a seam ripper and even show in it. The saddle does not move an inch with that girth

I purchased a neoprene girth as well. Its awesome. I bought it from the Dover sale catalog (on sale like $30). Also use a Gel-eze pad. I have a very flat backed, fatty warmblood with no withers. ;) lol

JumpWithPanache
Mar. 23, 2011, 11:48 AM
I second the Eco-Gold pad!

Atlas Shrugged
Mar. 23, 2011, 10:14 PM
Tad Coffin

DMK
Mar. 23, 2011, 10:36 PM
the gel eze leg wrap - cheap and effective.