PDA

View Full Version : Hunt Coat Question

bananna
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:13 PM
I haven't shown for about 3 years, and when I did it was small IHSA stuff while I was in college.

I bought my coat a while ago....

This is pretty much the coat I have: http://www.tackroominc.com/classics-childrens-riding-jacket-blue-grey-p-7201.html

Obviously mine isn't a childrens, but color wise this is the closest that I could find, complete with the pink lining.

My mare is a solid bay, no white anywhere. I was thinking of doing some shows with her this summer.

Can I get away with that jacket, or is it too out of style?

TIA!

Go Fish
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:48 PM
Looks perfectly fine. I have one similar and wear it all the time on a bay horse. I think it's my best-looking coat on this horse. I wear either a very bright blue or dark pink shirt.

Squirt
Mar. 22, 2011, 01:50 PM
I'd still be showing in mine if the dry cleaners hadn't shrunk it! It looked lovely on any horse I rode.

Perfect10
Mar. 22, 2011, 02:24 PM
I have one about that color that I wear on my solid bay. He's a ridiculously good mover but gets lost in a crowd because he's solid bay, so I wear it in the hack to get noticed. I wore a classic navy one at one show and didn't place in the hack even though everyone agreed we should have, and then at the next show I wore the light one in a hack of 30 and won it. I'm convinced that the lighter jacket got me noticed.

On the flip side, if your mare isn't a great mover, blending in can cover up some of her flaws, so you'll have to think about that. Either way, you should be fine to show in that jacket.

Mayaty02
Mar. 22, 2011, 02:51 PM
I love it, hope it's not out of style because I bought my daughter a similar one a month ago! She looked great on the two bays she rode.