PDA

View Full Version : 10 minutes to clean and polished boots

AliCat
Mar. 21, 2011, 11:42 PM
I just wanted to share my impressions of a product I recently tried. My parents actually got me Sergio Grasso boot cleaner and creme (in black) from Dover as a gift. I was initially a bit skeptical, and thought it was a lot of money.

Now, I am not very meticulous with my boot care. I only wear my field boots for my weekly lesson, but that often includes muddy paddocks and the wash stall. My idea of a cleaning is usually a hose or stiff brush. Recently, I noticed that my boots looked really dull, and had tons of scratches, so I decided it was time to try this stuff I had gotten.

I used a clean sponge to remove the large dirt, then rinsed it off and went back over the boots with the cleaner. Once they dried, I simply wiped the "creme" on my boots with a clean terry cloth towel. They dried super fast, and I rubbed them a little bit with another clean towel. I could not BELIEVE how good the result was. I seriously kept checking them out from across my living room. It was further validated when I wore them to the barn for a horse show and several people commented on how nice they looked, and the barn manager told a kid to see me about proper boot prep for shows :cool:

Start to finish, was quick, not much more than 10 minutes (once I found the boots under the mud).

The only downside is that it almost seems to smear if you try to do a quick wipe down with a wet sponge.

Either way, I wanted to share that these products made my life and fear of polishing boots that much better. If I can do it, anyone can :lol:

Foxtrot's
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:07 AM
I wonder if it is Sergio Grassi snob cleaner or if it can help my 30 year old Dehners? They have been through a lot.

equidae
Mar. 22, 2011, 08:51 AM
OO I wish you had before and after pics! I love clean and shiny boots. Now I want some of that cream!

equidae
Mar. 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
Does the black creme rub off easily onto saddle pads?

AliCat
Mar. 22, 2011, 10:25 AM
I wonder if it is Sergio Grassi snob cleaner or if it can help my 30 year old Dehners? They have been through a lot.

I was so impressed with it that I used it on my work shoes too.

AliCat
Mar. 22, 2011, 10:26 AM
Does the black creme rub off easily onto saddle pads?

Not that I noticed, but I also did not apply it on the inside of my calf, just the foot and ankle area.