PDA

View Full Version : Treadstone Field Boots

cheyenne8
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:59 PM
I ordered the Italian calf Treadstone field boots from Equus Now(http://www.equusnow.com/prodview.asp?idProduct=2777)
in 8 slim, because they don't have a tall. They just came, and they are beautiful, and so comfortable. But I was wondering how much they will drop? Will they drop less/more then regular leather because they are soft? I have Ariat Heritage II's in slim/tall and they dropped the right amount, but these are a completely different type of leather. I guess I'm just worried because they are so comfortable, unlike my other ones were when I bought them new.

fxhillfarm
Mar. 21, 2011, 03:14 PM
I just got mine about 3 weeks ago, have worn them a ton to school/show in.. easiest break in ever! Mine only dropped about 1/2in, if that. Super comfy and quality for the price, you'll love them:yes:

KingoftheRoad
Mar. 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
They don't drop much, because of the zipper. I ended up putting heel lifts in mine, and they fit great now. And they hold together great - they're not going to fall apart, despite the fact they're so comfy! :)

ponymom64
Mar. 21, 2011, 03:18 PM
I got these for my DD and hers' didn't drop that much at all - maybe a 1/2"

TarheelJD
Mar. 21, 2011, 03:36 PM
Can anyone tell me whether the capped toe of your Treadstone's is well reinforced? I have a pair of Treadstones I bought a while back, and I love everything about them, but the capped toe is really soft, offering little protection if you are accidentaly stepped on. I'd love to buy a new pair if the toes are harder now.

TIA!

BM17
May. 4, 2011, 05:25 PM
I am currently looking for new every day tall boots and thinking about the Treadstones. I'm also curious about the reinforcement of the toecap. I hadn't considered that until I read the previous post.

ponymom64
May. 4, 2011, 05:35 PM
I don't believe it is reinforced

reefy!
May. 4, 2011, 05:57 PM
The toe cap is not reinforced but I haven't been stepped on (thankfully).

I have a pair and have had them a little over a year. I wear them several times a week and while they have mostly held up well, the toe cap on the left boot is separating from the foot part of the boot. I don't exactly abuse them so I'm a little disappointed that they are not holding up as well as I had hoped.

They are SUPER comfy and have been from the first ride, dropped maybe a 1/4 -1/2 inch, which was just right.

BM17
May. 4, 2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for responding! But :( that they aren't reinforced.

And sorry to Hijack this thread - but I was hoping for some similar advice on what boots to try...

The ridiculous amount of positive feedback about the Treadstones on here has made me really curious to try them -- the 20 inch height is a bit of a concern for me though since I'm average height and I think even after a 1/2" drop 19 1/2" would still be too tall. I guess it might be worth it to have them cut down, but I'm not sure about that. And now the non-reinforced toe makes me wary too... but they get SUCH positive reviews!!

I'm not sure if anyone has any basis for the comparison here, but the Beval sale on the Arena boots has made those boots an interesting option. I was interested in them before when I was casually looking, but now that they are on sale for 40% off they might be a nice option. I've heard the leather isn't as soft - it is apparently Permair, which is a different kind of treatment - but that might make them hold up well? Are they comfortable to ride in and are they comfortable to wear around the barn?

I also tried on the Ariat Crown Pros (the 550 price point ones) the other day at my local tack shop and am thinking about them. I liked how soft they were, but they didn't seem to fit well in the ankle - it was very baggy and I am guessing that will only increase with time.

Though I don't really have a set price-limit, I'd like to get boots in the everyday use and will hold up category -- the super nice boots category I think I will address at a later date. The Crown Pros don't really fit into this category, but they were comfy when I tried them on and I'm not opposed to supporting my local tack shop if they actually would hold up well etc.

Sorry again to Hijack I'm just stumped on the boots question and even though my searches have turned up some additional info, I was hoping for a direct comparison. Thanks again to those who have already responded!