PDA

View Full Version : Product hunt - "Classic Equine" saddle pads

mbmarsh
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:00 PM
I need some help - as luck would have it, I found the PERFECT pads to go under my Mattes half pad.......and they're being discontinued. :(

I found them here - http://www.vtosaddlery.com/product/SP/CEQSP.htm

And got some of the white ones - but what I need for schooling is the Black FJ in a large. I've scoured google trying to find these, but have not been successful. Does anybody know where I might be able to locate some before they sell out completely?

Please?

Ibex
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:05 PM
HorseLoverz has them :)

mbmarsh
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:08 PM
I know - I saw them there, but I can't get them to answer me as to whether they are a size large or not. If they are, I'm ready to buy four or five, but I don't want to get stuck with the wrong size, which is why I was asking about other sources.

But thanks! :) Maybe I can get them to answer me, and problem will be solved.

ETA: But it also looks like they don't have black, which is what I need to find....bummer.

mbmarsh
Mar. 22, 2011, 10:45 AM
Anybody else? Horseloverz definitely doesn't have black. Anyone know where to find these?

Thanks!

Justmyluck
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:35 AM
I dont know if you've thought about switching brands but Tuffrider makes something comparable.

http://www.victorycanter.com/Tuff-Rider-All-Purpose-Saddle-Pad-p-22207.html

mbmarsh
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:48 AM
I'd be more than happy to, the trick is finding one long enough to fit under a large Mattes pad. The Classic Equine actually comes in a size large, which apparently translates to a 23'5" spine, which is a great size. I can't find the spine length on the Tuff Rider, but if it's long enough, I'm game.

I have the RI ones from Dover that are usually $9.99, but they only have about a 21" or 22" spine, aren't shaped, and usually leave about 2-3 inches of Mattes pad on the horse to get all sweaty.....

pattnic
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:06 PM
Dover has new extra-long RI pads, which are supposed to accomodate use of a half pad or a 19" saddle.

Justmyluck
Mar. 22, 2011, 07:21 PM
The Tuffrider all purpose size fits under my 18" dressage saddle with plenty of room to pull it up into the gullet and enough room behind that my saddle isnt hanging off it that helps. I'd measure mine but I gave them to my mother to take home and launder in her gigantic machine.

KingoftheRoad
Mar. 23, 2011, 09:48 AM
OK, I'm sold - I'll go try and find some now. Thanks so much! The only place I could find that still had the original ones in black was Cashel, and they wanted $29.95 each, which is a bit stiff for a schooling pad.

Thanks!

LookmaNohands
Mar. 23, 2011, 09:58 AM
www.Seamsright.com custom makes WONDERFUL saddle pads!!

They really last! I have been buying them for years but I don't have to buy them often. I just ordered three jumping pads as I am using jumping saddles more than my dressage saddles lately.

They come in different sizes and all different colors all custom made.

Love them!

jn4jenny
Mar. 23, 2011, 10:11 AM
If you are really really serious about tracking this pad down, you could try contacting Equibrand (the Classic Equine distributor):
http://equibrand.com/en/_HS/ContactUs.aspx