View Full Version : What kind of window do I need?

Mar. 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
I want to put a window in my barn's big rolling door that is made of 2x4s and steel siding.

What type of window can I use, and what do I search for on the internet to find it? A typical house window doesn't seem right for this.

All I want is to add a screened window in between the 2x4 frame (It's 4" high, 2" wide), cutting out a hole in the steel siding to put it in. It just has to open to allow a breeze in when the door is closed.

What type of window am I looking for?

Mar. 20, 2011, 11:44 PM
The windows in my barn slider doors are regular house windows. However, they don't "open", they are there just to allow light when I have barn closed up.