PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever Leave Braids in Over Night?

EAY
Mar. 20, 2011, 10:33 AM
Do you ever leave braids in over night? Let's say you had afternoon classes one day and morning ones the next, so your horse would be braided for about 24 hours.

When I was a kid we always took them out at night and rebraided the next day, and I think the professional braid jobs you see today are tighter than what we saw thirty years ago. On one hand that probably makes the braids look better for a longer time but might also make them more uncomfortable for the horse.

Obviously you couldn't leave them in for a horse who is a terrible rubber who needs to be tied but what about a horse who doesn't seem bothered?

MHM
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:00 AM
Never.

Aside from the issue of the braids looking ratty the second day, why make your horse stand around feeling less comfortable than necessary?!?

SkipChange
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:03 AM
I've left them in overnight.

Sleazy hood on to keep the shavings out. If it's a particularly itchy horse who doesn't like braids by all means take them out. They're not going to look AS good as fresh braids but sometimes you can get away with it.

Better off to take them out and redo them.

Equibrit
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:03 AM
Of course.

War Admiral
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:22 AM
I never have YET, but there's one breed show in particular that I could conceivably go to where the hunters under saddle runs REALLY late at night - if show runs late, class is near midnight - and then the championship is at 10 a.m. the next day. That is certainly a situation where I would at least consider trying it - horsie would get more sleep if he stayed braided (so would I for that matter) - BUT Quattro is such a braid-ripper he'll take his own mane off. So I haven't really worked out yet what to do at that show. So far, we've just plain skipped the show.

Zarafia
Mar. 20, 2011, 12:11 PM
My former trainer/barn manager almost always did her braiding or hired it done the afternoon/evening before a show. Then she'd put a sleazy on them and I don't think she ever had a problem.

SquishTheBunny
Mar. 20, 2011, 12:21 PM
90% of the ponies here that do the A circuit get braided the night before the show (especially if the show in the morning). Obviously the rubbers dont.

Ive got one guy who is fine with being braided the evening before, he's not a rubber. And yes, we do the A circuit in the core divisions as well (amateur owner or adult amateur depending on the year). He never looks "ratty".

It just depends on the horse. A lot WILL scratch, and my others I have to braid morning of.

Nickelodian
Mar. 20, 2011, 12:56 PM
Most don't, I do. My guy doesn't rub on them and they look equally as good the second day as the first.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 20, 2011, 12:57 PM
At my old barn, the majority of horses would get braided everyother day at longer shows (Monday AM put braids in , Tuesday night take out, Wedesday AM put braids in, Thursday PM take out) Bad rubbers or the horses that get sore get them taken out daily and rebraided. Most of the are perfectly fine with this, the ones that aren't let us know. Tails are redone daily.

usedtobeaweffer
Mar. 20, 2011, 01:04 PM
When we were showing WEF consistently back in the day we would only do it for certain horses and certain classes. We had a bunch of confirmation horses back then and never left them in on them. But, some of our children's ponies or Non-Tb's, or Low hunters or what not would get them left in here and there. Especially for those days when there is one stinking class. Of course there are always those horses that it isn't going to work because they rub. I say go for it if it's not a confirmation class or a pony class or something like that and your horse doesn't rub. I mean braiding is pretty expensive man!

I'dRatherBRiding
Mar. 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
We used to put Listerine in a spray bottle and spray it on mane & tale braids to keep them from itching at night. Not sure if it really works or not, but I was usually able to get two days out of my braids if the classes were pretty early the next day, so I would think pro braids would have an even better chance!

mypaintwattie
Mar. 20, 2011, 02:17 PM
Yes, I will leave braids (or bands if I'm showing western) in overnight. I use a sleazy hood and my horse is not a rubber.

pm59
Mar. 20, 2011, 05:40 PM
I braid the night before and can leave them in for two days, our pony does NOT rub at all and I can braid tight enough that they still look good the second full day! One of the reasons our pony is worth her weight in gold LOL!!!

Zenyatta
Mar. 20, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yes I have.:D

Go Fish
Mar. 20, 2011, 07:18 PM
At some of the larger shows, I've seen braiders starting about midnight. So, if your horse didn't get his braids taken out until late afternoon the day before, he's not going all that long without braids.

My trainer tries to let the braider know what time his horses are showing the next day so she can schedule accordingly.

tamarak_equestrian
Mar. 20, 2011, 09:22 PM
For most of mine, I leave them in overnight. I have one that will just pitch a fit if you try to leave them in, so he gets braided in the morning, but the others usually get braided the night before, get a bit of gel or hairspray, sleep in a slinky, and look fine the next day. Pretty much everyone at my barn braids the night before. The only time I did morning of for anyone other than my prissy one was Pony Finals and our Canadian year end finals.

Last year I had 3 showing and my barn had to be shipped in and the ponies ready to show at 8am at a show that was a 2 hour drive away, so there was only a couple hours difference between braiding them the night before or going out to braid before they ship out. So the 2 who didn't care about their braids would get done the night before, and then I'd do my other one quickly as soon as he got off the trailer at the show - that one's a bit of a diva lol, the less time the braids are in the better. One of the ones I braided at Pony Finals kept his in overnight and I redid maybe 3 of them in the morning and he looked perfectly fine.

I braid with wax, I find it stays better overnight and if a couple go askew it's easy to push them back into shape. I always come prepared to redo a few if necessary, but I usually don't need to.

kateh
Mar. 20, 2011, 09:32 PM
Depends on the horse. Some would get a sleazy and go to bed. But we always took forelock braids out, after one horse rubbed his out entirely and looked ridiculous for months.

kayteedee
Mar. 20, 2011, 09:49 PM
Yes. My old barn where I grew up did for almost everyone. My guy wouldn't rub- but he would mash his braids really hard in manure. So I put a sleazy on him.

;)

CBoylen
Mar. 20, 2011, 10:46 PM
No. It's uncomfortable for the horse, bad for the mane, and makes it very difficult to keep a braider or find a new one. Plus, since most braiders work at night, its longer than 24 hours straight that your horse would be braided for, more like 36. Give him that break between your afternoon class and when they start working again.

mroades
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:14 PM
yep, if we are showing late the first day and early the second day....being unbraided for only a couple of hours and spending another 50 bucks just seems silly. My braiders have never had a problem with this.

ponyjumper525
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:42 PM
Yes.

Across Sicily
Mar. 21, 2011, 12:58 AM
Yes. This hunter-land thing of taking them out all the time is actually pretty new to me.

I showed Morgans for many years and most of the time my barn would put in braids the night before the horse showed and they wouldn't generally come out again until the end of the show or whenever the horse was done - usually 2-4 days later. This was dependent on the horse, of course... the rubbers got them out. But we generally found that if you used wax, a bit of Quik Braid, and a sleazy, they stayed in fine. You might have to re-do one or two, and we always took out the forelock and re-did it. Talking all manes here; tails went in 15 minutes before they showed and came out again right after.

theinstigator
Mar. 21, 2011, 09:27 AM
No, I never have and most likely never will.

I braid my own, so I have the flexibility to have them stay braided for as short of time as possible. I want to do everything in my power to make them as comfortable as I can, which includes leaving those tight braids in for as little time as I can.

I liken it to having your hair in an updo for a wedding or dance or other special event....would you really want to leave that in for days at a time? I don't think so. ;)

Addison
Mar. 21, 2011, 09:52 AM
No.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
No. It's uncomfortable for the horse, bad for the mane, and makes it very difficult to keep a braider or find a new one. Plus, since most braiders work at night, its longer than 24 hours straight that your horse would be braided for, more like 36. Give him that break between your afternoon class and when they start working again.

Why would it make a braider hard to keep?

barnbum81
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:05 AM

Can't think of any reason :confused:

Anyway, when your kiddo shows in the first division at 8 a.m. then it becomes a necessity to braid the night before. The last thing you want is a pissy pony in the ring because she just had to stand to be braided when she wanted to chillax and eat her breakfast ;)

Anne
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:37 AM
Finances. You are cutting the braider's income by half. I agree with Chanda.

barnbum81
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:45 AM

So they'd be worried about cutting income in half, but not in need of the money from doing a single braid job? I fail to see the logic, nor have I ever run into an issue.

Summit Springs Farm
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:59 AM
The problem we've seen is the braiders act like you are stealing money out of their pocket everytime you leave braids in over night.
To punish you they will try not to braid for you again, if they have other work.
Or they will put you at the end of their totem pole for their services.
Around here its called the braiding "mofia" for a reason.

Personally I don't like anyone telling me what to do, so I've had my fair share of run in with braiders, or them with me, we have done both left them in and taken them out, but it should be my decision not someone elses with what I do for or with my horses. period.

And the braiders feel they can braid for who they want. period.

And frankly, having a horse stand up with a light shinning in his eyes at night for an hour to be braided two nights is worse than leaving the braids in overnight to me.

theinstigator
Mar. 21, 2011, 11:37 AM
The problem we've seen is the braiders act like you are stealing money out of their pocket everytime you leave braids in over night.
To punish you they will try not to braid for you again, if they have other work.

Personally I don't like anyone telling me what to do, so I've had my fair share of run in with braiders, or them with me, we have done both left them in and taken them out, but it should be my decision not someone elses with what I do for or with my horses. period.

And frankly, having a horse stand up with a light shinning in his eyes at night for an hour to be braided two nights is worse than leaving the braids in overnight to me.
It goes both ways though.

When I was braiding for others, there were SEVERAL times I'd show up to a five day show to braid for trainer's who, for example, tell me they have 8 for me to do every night....only to have that changed to 5 that need only two days of braids, 2 that need three days of braids and only 1 that needs all five days. I'm planning on a certain number and potentially turning down other braid jobs in order to accommodate this barn, only to have it be totally different once we get there.

Communication is key, no real surprise there. When I was braiding for others, I never particularly cared if you chose to have every horse done fresh every day or if you chose to leave some in as long as the number you tell me for each day is close to what I'll actually be doing and the ones you choose to leave in for multiple days don't destroy their manes to where I can't make them look decent...then I may say something. I also obviously understand if one comes out lame or doesn't end up showing for some reason or another, but don't change the entire numbers on me without notice.....That's just common courtesy. ;)

MHM
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:06 PM

Braiders CAN braid for who they want. Period.

If you had to choose between two clients, and one of them would only pay you half as much for the same week, which one would YOU choose??

Napoles
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:17 PM
If we are travelling to a horse trials that is a distance (i.e. over an hour away) and because we usually have three horses going, with one guaranteed to have an early start, I will plait the night before and put hoods on them overnight.

However, I don't do the forelocks until we arrive at the event, and I don't do millions of tiny plaits - usually 9 on each neck in the traditional hunter fashion. :yes:

If it is a big show where the horses will be competing in show classes - i.e. show hunter, riding horse, side saddle etc, where appearance is very important, then I will nearly always plait on the morning.

The concept of professional braiders is one that I've never heard of before - at least not on the scale that you are describing. Most people here will do their own horses.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:31 PM

Have you considered they just don't like you? My trainer has always left braids in overnight and never has had a problem find, or keeping, braiders. Her favorite is always kept busy, but always makes time for my trainers 4-8 horses. A good braider won't mind b/c they will be kept busy anyway.

Communication is key, no real surprise there. When I was braiding for others, I never particularly cared if you chose to have every horse done fresh every day or if you chose to leave some in as long as the number you tell me for each day is close to what I'll actually be doing and the ones you choose to leave in for multiple days don't destroy their manes to where I can't make them look decent...then I may say something. I also obviously understand if one comes out lame or doesn't end up showing for some reason or another, but don't change the entire numbers on me without notice.....That's just common courtesy. ;)

My barn kept a white board at longer shows with who was braided each day (tails + manes) This way the braider could know ahead of time who they needed to braid that day

If they are a good braider, they shouldn't have trouble to find other clients for the days you leave braids in.

CHF
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:32 PM
I braid my own, but never leave them in.

I hate to have to redo them, but I also think leaving them in encourages them to rub on them. Once they learn that, they can be very hard on braids...even ones freshly done...and redoing those is just plain annoying.

I agree, though, that if a braider has two barns to pick from, they are going to go with the ones that braid fresh each day! :)

drawstraws
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:41 PM
I try to leave them in when I can (two days max) but my boy rubs big time. So even when I do them fresh I braid down the entire neck but don't pull up the top 10 or so until morning just before his classes. And even then, if he'll be left alone I have to give him a hay bag or make sure he's tied where he can't get at them. No matter how tight or how much quick-braid, or if he has a hood on, those suckers will get twisted, stick straight up and just plain look awful.

I help out our local braiders occasionally and HATE it when I do a horse and, oh look, he's a rubber. At first I felt bad but then I figured, well guess what people, not my fault and not my problem. They looked great when I finished and what the horse does to them after the fact I'm not responsible for. And if you need me to fix them it's extra $ per braid.

Dressagelvr
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:58 PM
I think it is vastly unfair to ask a horse to do something we would be unwilling to do ourselves.

So, the question really is, "would you put a bunch of super tight braids in YOUR hair and leave them in over night"?

If you can't afford to hire braiders, learn to do it yourself. It really isn't rocket science, it just takes practice and is a pain in the @ss.

MHM
Mar. 21, 2011, 03:17 PM
I think it is vastly unfair to ask a horse to do something we would be unwilling to do ourselves.

So, the question really is, "would you put a bunch of super tight braids in YOUR hair and leave them in over night"?

If you can't afford to hire braiders, learn to do it yourself. It really isn't rocket science, it just takes practice and is a pain in the @ss.

Like. :yes:

Big_Tag
Mar. 21, 2011, 03:51 PM
So...I'm maybe about to look like a real idiot but I was always taught horses don't have nerve endings in their mane? No? Yes? I mean..I wouldn't "pull my own mane" but it hurts like crazy to rip out my own hair..

barnbum81
Mar. 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
If they are a good braider, they shouldn't have trouble to find other clients for the days you leave braids in.

Yep! Plus I love hanging out watching the braid when I can, don't ask me why, so braider and always chat it up and make "friends". I like to be there when anything is being done with one of my pon pones :)

eclipse
Mar. 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
I have and do but my horse is not a rubber! I don't use a sleazy as I've seen a terrible eye accident from one and if Dolly gets any shavings in her braids I just carefully pick them out. I do not leave in her forlock braid though, it comes out every night and tail braids also come out right after showing for the day!

Equibrit
Mar. 21, 2011, 05:38 PM

Love to see you in a jumper class.

tamarak_equestrian
Mar. 21, 2011, 05:44 PM
I liken it to having your hair in an updo for a wedding or dance or other special event....would you really want to leave that in for days at a time? I don't think so. ;)
I always keep my hair in for a second day if I get it done for a banquet or something lol. If I'm paying that much for a style I can't do myself and it looks that pretty, I want to make the most of it. I have no problem sleeping in bobby pins or whatever, and as a cheerleader I've spent nights with curlers in. It's never really bothered me.

CBoylen
Mar. 21, 2011, 07:02 PM
It doesn't work that way. Since there are a finite number of hours, braiders need to choose which barns they're going to be able to accommodate. If they choose barn A over barn B, barn B is going to get someone else to braid. If barn A then braids Wednesday but leaves the braids in for Thursday, braider cannot go braid for barn B on Thursday, because they already have a braider. So braider is out money. She can't say she can braid for both barns because she'll be stuck with too many horses to do on the start days of each group of divisions, but if she chooses the leave-in barn she's making half the money. Guess which barn she's only going to choose once?
And there's also the fact that not many people like to be represented by work that's not fresh.

I'dRatherBRiding
Mar. 21, 2011, 07:05 PM

So are you also saying that you never (or noone should) braid down their horse's mane for a couple days to make it lie flat either? I mean I used do that constantly for my jumper just so he looked neat when he showed un-braided, and I do it now just because I prefer the mane-on-one-side look for my greenie who doesn't even show yet! She loves it when I'm doing it, dropping her head waaay down to the ground, so I never considered she was in any "pain" with them in. Come to think about it....haven't you ever seen any humans who choose to wear plaits in their hair? I don't see children wailing for a mother to take them out after 16 hours, in fact they wear them for weeks at a time, and I really don't think a human's tolerance is as high as a horse who gets his mane pulled! But, then again I could be mis-informed.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 21, 2011, 09:02 PM
I have and do but my horse is not a rubber! I don't use a sleazy as I've seen a terrible eye accident from one and if Dolly gets any shavings in her braids I just carefully pick them out. I do not leave in her forlock braid though, it comes out every night and tail braids also come out right after showing for the day!

What eye accident did you see? My trainer mentioned that once, said it was absolutely horrible, but didn't get into specifics. She only used a sleazy on one horse and was NOT happy to do so.

Just curious what happened, as I never got a chance to ask my trainer. Thanks :)

SquishTheBunny
Mar. 21, 2011, 11:48 PM
Seriously?????

Its "uncomfortable" for the horse to have braids in overnight....yet its perfectly ok for you to pull their mane, or to "train" it over?

ask anyone who has gone to the dominican as a kid, and had 50 small braids in their hair...it doesnt hurt! and yep, mine were left in for a week.

Ask any black girl who has a weave...they leave them in for weeks!!!

I have 3, two get braided every day they show, another has his left in (ohhh how terrible). He is a terror to braid, tries to bite and really really hates having it done. Once they are in, he is perfectly happy. So...ya....he's my black girl with the weave ;)

supershorty628
Mar. 22, 2011, 09:44 AM
When I was doing the hunters, I left braids in pretty often (especially when I was going to Old Salem or Gardnertown at the crack of dawn in the freezing weather). None of my horses/ponies rubbed their braids or did anything to indicate they were uncomfortable, and it saved my mom a lot of discomfort (and don't worry, yes - she taught me to braid too).

Midge
Mar. 22, 2011, 10:52 PM

Can't think of any reason :confused:

So they'd be worried about cutting income in half, but not in need of the money from doing a single braid job? I fail to see the logic, nor have I ever run into an issue.

This only requires basic, elementary understanding of math and the horse show schedule. Does the braider want to braid the junior hunter who is going to braid both days, or the one who will braid the first day of the division only. It's not a choice between a single braid job and no braid job, it is a choice between one braid job or two.

I am not trying to 'punish' you. It's not about 'you'. I don't care about 'you'. I am there to make money and no, I won't braid for you on only one day, if I can braid for someone else on two. Yes, you are at the end of the totem pole, not because it's 'you' but because I will make more money working for someone else.

It absolutely is your choice, so why is it not my choice to braid for the person whose going to pay me more than you do?

And we should feel we can't braid for who we want? Why is it you can do your business the way you want, but I can't do mine the way I want?

Why would I shine a light in his eyes? I don't braid his eyes...

Braiders CAN braid for who they want. Period.

If you had to choose between two clients, and one of them would only pay you half as much for the same week, which one would YOU choose??

Based on this thread, some people would clearly chose the lesser amount!

Could you explain how that would work, please?

SaturdayNightLive
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:07 PM
So are you also saying that you never (or noone should) braid down their horse's mane for a couple days to make it lie flat either? I mean I used do that constantly for my jumper just so he looked neat when he showed un-braided, and I do it now just because I prefer the mane-on-one-side look for my greenie who doesn't even show yet! She loves it when I'm doing it, dropping her head waaay down to the ground, so I never considered she was in any "pain" with them in.

Training braids are significantly looser than show braids, so that isn't a very good comparison.

I, too, was brought up in the new braids everyday school. I do believe that braids that are as tight as show braids can become uncomfortable for the horse after a few hours. So, to be kind to my horse, I take the braids out as soon as he is done showing.

Even if the braids don't make the horse uncomfortable, they are certainly doing damage to the mane itself when left in for too long. Leave tight braids in too often and see if you have a braidable mane left by the end of the season.

tamarak_equestrian
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:15 PM
All of ours keep their braids in overnight on a regular basis and I've never ended up with an 'unbraidable' mane by the time show season is over. And I braid very tight. I'm really picky about my horses'/ponies' manes too, I like to keep them as perfect as possible. Sometimes the ponies end up with a little unevenness from the kids taking the braids out, but that's it.

mbp618
Mar. 23, 2011, 12:06 AM
Well said midge! I would never leave a horses braids in over night Its not fair to them, those braids are tight, I know if I pull my hair back for sometime it starts to bother me. Every trainer/barn I have worked at always take braids out as soon as we are done showing. I understand keeping them in for money reasons but there are only so many ways to cut costs at horse shows and it should not be at the horses expense.

RugBug
Mar. 23, 2011, 03:04 AM
What eye accident did you see? My trainer mentioned that once, said it was absolutely horrible, but didn't get into specifics. She only used a sleazy on one horse and was NOT happy to do so.

Just curious what happened, as I never got a chance to ask my trainer. Thanks :)

I've had this happen to the horse I was leasing. I braided him, put the sleazy on, put him in the stall. Came to find him at 4:30 in the morning with the sleazy slipped down into his eye. The eye Was.Not Happy. It was almost swollen shut. Everything turned out okay, but it might not have. I'm adverse to using sleazy's because of this experience.

hntrjmprpro45
Mar. 23, 2011, 11:27 AM
If I had a horse with a sensitive scalp then I would take them out at night but so far all of my horses have had really tough scalps. They don't try to rub them and honestly don't seem to care either way. However, I do still make sure I take them out ASAP once I'm finished and always take tail braids out every night. I think tail braids are far more uncomfortable than manes.

To each their own!

eclipse
Mar. 23, 2011, 12:37 PM

We had a mare at the barn that rubbed her sleazy into her eyes. The next morning when we found her we immediately had to call the vet as it was stuck in there and had to be removed via surgery as it was so tightly pulled across the eyes! The vets thought she might actually loose one of the eyes but they were able to save both of them. It was terrible. She was left with a scar above each eye that resembled white eyebrows! All from rubbing a sleazy into her eyes. They are now banned from the barn as we never want to go through that again and I cringe every time I see one used, especially when they are slipping down close to the horses eye!

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 23, 2011, 01:06 PM
Wow, those sleazy stories are awful. No wonder my trainer hates them!

Brigit
Mar. 23, 2011, 01:15 PM
I always used to. I'd braid the night before, throw a hood on and we're good to go in the morning. We usually haul in the morning of the show though so there isn't much time to braid in the mornings. (My braids look like a rabid amputee monkey did them at the best of times....So leaving them in overnight doesn't make much of a difference.)

I've completely solved the braiding problem by roaching my mare's mane off! hehe She keep rubbing it out about half wayd down and it looks terrible so it gets roached. Makes show prep MUCH easier!

barnbum81
Mar. 23, 2011, 01:25 PM
This only requires basic, elementary understanding of math and the horse show schedule. Does the braider want to braid the junior hunter who is going to braid both days, or the one who will braid the first day of the division only. It's not a choice between a single braid job and no braid job, it is a choice between one braid job or two.

I am not trying to 'punish' you. It's not about 'you'. I don't care about 'you'. I am there to make money and no, I won't braid for you on only one day, if I can braid for someone else on two. Yes, you are at the end of the totem pole, not because it's 'you' but because I will make more money working for someone else.

It absolutely is your choice, so why is it not my choice to braid for the person whose going to pay me more than you do?

And we should feel we can't braid for who we want? Why is it you can do your business the way you want, but I can't do mine the way I want?

Why would I shine a light in his eyes? I don't braid his eyes...

Based on this thread, some people would clearly chose the lesser amount!

Could you explain how that would work, please?

It has been my experience that there are many people that only braid one day, especially in the pony world where kids are only showing one day in some cases.

So to put it so rudely as you did my basic understanding of the math would be 1 day braid client + 1 day braid client= same pay as 2 day braid client.

Seriously is it so hard to have a conversation without being snarky on this board anymore? Oh and for the record, if we are showing two days we braid two days, but as I said, when the kid shows first division of the day we ALWAYS braid the night before and leave them in.

luvs2ridewbs
Mar. 23, 2011, 02:32 PM
When you use wax, is it the hair wax made for people or another type of wax? I'm thinking about using that to help train some manes over.

Midge
Mar. 23, 2011, 02:46 PM
It has been my experience that there are many people that only braid one day, especially in the pony world where kids are only showing one day in some cases.

So to put it so rudely as you did my basic understanding of the math would be 1 day braid client + 1 day braid client= same pay as 2 day braid client.

Seriously is it so hard to have a conversation without being snarky on this board anymore? Oh and for the record, if we are showing two days we braid two days, but as I said, when the kid shows first division of the day we ALWAYS braid the night before and leave them in.

When people talk about leaving the braids in, they are talking about showing the second day on the same set of braids.

Nickelodian
Mar. 23, 2011, 03:33 PM
I have worked with braiders that demand that you braid every day, and other braiders who don't give a rats ass. I prefer to work with the latter instead of the former but to each their own. My braider is awesome, I'm a one horse barn who does all the work myself and picks up with different trainers along the way.

kookicat
Mar. 23, 2011, 08:04 PM
Nope, I never do. Both of mine will rub, so they come out ASAP.