PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stalls to rent in/near M'burg

Spotted Pony
Mar. 20, 2011, 09:07 AM
I have an oppurtunity to be in the Middleburg area for the summer and would like to find a few stalls (3 or 4) at a place with a track. I have three (or four) horses that I would like to run at Charles Town but don't want to stable at the track if I can help it. Any suggestions?

Flypony
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:56 PM
The race office at CT will likely have an idea of the training centers in the area.

SteeleRdr
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:55 PM
Check the chronicle for barns for rent, but there is the Middleburg Training Center (phone 540.687.3041) and Morningside Training Center (in The Plains, http://www.morningsidetrainingfarm.com/)

rustbreeches
Mar. 22, 2011, 11:03 AM
Unless they built a new track at Morningside (which is the old Middleground TC) the turns are really tight. Not practical for working around, but you could always ship to Middleburg for published works. Belvoir training Center is just a little bit up the road. I don't know what the surface is like, I'm sure it isn't as good as Morningside, but you can actually set a horse down around that track and not fling off through the rail. You do have to cross a paved road to get from the stabling to the track. Let me see if I can get some contact info for you