PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractor in Fair Hill area?

TeamBrickman
Mar. 20, 2011, 01:11 AM
Hi all!

I have a show hunter who needed some hind end work. We did joint injections, made some shoeing changes behind, and now he's doing VERY well-- we're so glad he's happy!

As an additional step, I'd like to have a chiropractor give him a once-over.

Colleen Gray was recommended to me-- anyone have contact info?

If not, any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Ltc4h
Mar. 20, 2011, 11:58 AM
I personally use Dr Carlos Jimenez.
But here's what was said previously;
http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-242874.html

Snowdenfarm
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hoppy Stearns is an equine osteopath which means she works on both the skeletal and muscular systems. She is amazing and reasonable. Can't recommend her more highly. PM me if you want her number.

tabula rashah
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:23 PM
Dr.Jimenez does a great job- I wouldn't let Hoppy Stearns pet my horse let alone do chiro- scary, scary!!

davistina67
Mar. 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
Hoppy Stearns is an equine osteopath which means she works on both the skeletal and muscular systems. She is amazing and reasonable. Can't recommend her more highly. PM me if you want her number.

What schools did she go to and learn this. I would guess vet, then chiro, then what?

Snowdenfarm
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:06 PM
Don't know what schools. PM me for number if you want to ask her. She would be happy to share her educational path with you. I have tried chiropractic and cranio-sacral/myofascia(sp) massage in the past and didn't have a lasting improvement until using Hoppy.

davistina67
Mar. 21, 2011, 11:45 PM
Don't know what schools. PM me for number if you want to ask her. She would be happy to share her educational path with you. I have tried chiropractic and cranio-sacral/myofascia(sp) massage in the past and didn't have a lasting improvement until using Hoppy.

So not even a vet?

davistina67
Mar. 21, 2011, 11:53 PM
Never mind. I just found out about it. Looks like the title was just made up three years ago and you don't even need to be a vet to call yourself an equine osteopath. FYI for others that hear of it. I'm sure there might be some good ones out there, but.......

Snowdenfarm
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:19 AM
Don't need to be a vet to be a chiropractor or do cranio-sacral/myofascia work either.

davistina67
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:25 AM
Don't need to be a vet to be a chiropractor or do cranio-sacral/myofascia work either.

Actually in a lot of states you do.

Snowdenfarm
Mar. 22, 2011, 12:47 AM
Just sharing my experiences with all modalities and whether it is the osteopathic training or Hoppy's personal ability, she is the best I have experienced. I have heard scary stories about Dr. Jiminez, but never about Hoppy.

kcmel
Mar. 22, 2011, 06:48 AM
Patty Blakesly of Unionville Equine in Oxford may go down that far (not sure).

http://www.ueavet.com/

TemJeito
Mar. 22, 2011, 07:07 AM
I'm in New Jersey near the Delaware border. I've used Dr. Jimenez. He is excellent but very expensive, and I had to trailer my horse to someone else's farm. Most recently, I used Dr. Lackey, and she was also excellent and cost me a lot less. She's from Central Jersey and I'm not sure how far she travels, but I'm really not that far from Fair Hill and she comes to my area often. Judith Shoemaker is really good, but I've been told she's only taking referrals from vets now.

davistina67
Mar. 22, 2011, 07:14 AM
I'm in New Jersey near the Delaware border. I've used Dr. Jimenez. He is excellent but very expensive, and I had to trailer my horse to someone else's farm. Most recently, I used Dr. Lackey, and she was also excellent and cost me a lot less. She's from Central Jersey and I'm not sure how far she travels, but I'm really not that far from Fair Hill and she comes to my area often. Judith Shoemaker is really good, but I've been told she's only taking referrals from vets now.

Just curious, how much are chiro's on the east coast from Vets? Here in Colorado I pay 130-150. That is for the chiro and acupuncture by a vet.

buck22
Mar. 22, 2011, 07:43 AM
I've used Dr. Debra Kriftcher who is in SE PA but used to travel out to me in NJ, and may well go to Fair Hill, its easy enough to get to.

More recently I used Dr. Rachel Shuster, in SNJ, but again Fair Hill is only an hour away so she may travel.

Both practice Chiropractic and Acupuncture, both are DVMs. Both are really very very nice people, extremely good at what they do, and very soft spoken and generous with their time. Both spent nearly two hours on my horse performing chiropractic and acupuncture, I never felt rushed, my horses were relaxed and happy, and I got thoughtful answers to all my questions.

TemJeito
Mar. 22, 2011, 08:09 AM
Just curious, how much are chiro's on the east coast from Vets? Here in Colorado I pay 130-150. That is for the chiro and acupuncture by a vet.

I'm sending you a PM.