PDA

View Full Version : Breeches for the stick-legged?

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 19, 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm 5'4", roughly 100lbs and have pretty much no hips what-so-ever. My legs are LONG and very, very thin. I prefer low rise because I have a short waist, but would consider mid rise. I wear a 24 long. The waist is fine, but the thigh part is SO loose. I don't need skin tight, but I prefer it not to be completely baggy.

What brands do you recommend? I really need schooling breeches or tights, but could use a pair or two of show breeches to.

keepthelegend
Mar. 19, 2011, 11:35 PM
The Tailored Sportsmans schooling britches are not too baggy on me and I am same weight as you. They are loose, but not sloppy loose.

*Liz*
Mar. 20, 2011, 07:02 AM
Go back to the children's section. I'm pretty similar in size to you but a touch taller and heavier. My best fitting breeches are kid's Ariats - not to mention the bonus of cheaper prices :)

Canaqua
Mar. 20, 2011, 08:11 AM
I'm much bigger than you are, at 5'10", 140, but I'm very under endowed in the thigh area. I generally wear 28L breeches. I have the same problem with bagging in the thigh, Ariats are the worst, they just aren't cut for my body. I got a pair of Kentucky Melbourne breeches on sale somewhere (they are full seats and dark brown, so not show appropriate), but they fit really well in a 28, they are cut quite slim through the hips and thighs and the stretch fabric is heavy and resilient. I don't know if they make show appropriate styles or not. These are actually the only breeches I own right now that fit in the thigh and stay fitting in the thigh. I have some Pikeurs and TS breeches and, though they fit initially, they have been bagging with repeated wearings and are starting to look sloppy in the upper thigh.

Kitty
Mar. 20, 2011, 09:55 AM
If you are willing to spend the $$$, try the Pikeur Ciara breeches. They are great fitting and snug in the thighs and leg. I think they also come in a long which you would need. Great style and durability but pricey. Good luck!

Running Fox Farm
Mar. 20, 2011, 06:31 PM
Cant beat Tailored Sportsmn. My son is 5'4, 95 lbs and they fit him like a second skin.

babygreenqueen
Mar. 20, 2011, 10:40 PM
i have similar shape problem but my legs below the knee look like Olive Oil(Popeye's woman for you youngsters) i buy TS then take them to the tailor to put darts and slim from the knee down. they also fit better under my tight boots

MIKES MCS
Mar. 21, 2011, 09:36 AM
Custom Apparel Breeches, they actually are custom made around $250.00 a pair

barnbum81
Mar. 21, 2011, 10:12 AM
I was going to suggest pikeurs also, that said, 100lb?! I hate you! ;) LOL

showmom858
Mar. 21, 2011, 11:06 AM
My D is 5'7" 108 lbs with very long, slender legs and her Ariat Pro Circuit breeches fit her great.

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 21, 2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! Are these any good? Can't beat the price
http://tackoftheday.com/default.aspx

Prima Donna
Mar. 22, 2011, 02:04 PM
I second Tailored Sportsmans but make sure you try on different styles. I have a few different styles in the same size and there is a huge amount of difference.

For schooling breeches, I either do TS schooling in fun colors or do super simple/cheap pull on stretch.

It doesn't hurt to make a trip to a big tack store, figure out what fits, and then shop online :)

Canaqua
Mar. 22, 2011, 02:22 PM
I have a pair of the Goode Rider KP jeans breeches and one of the full seat version...they are cut pretty narrow. Most folks buy a size or two up, but I'm good in my normal size (28) because I'm a bit of a stick from the hips down.

I'm debating about the ones on TOD today too!

Big_Grey_hunter
Mar. 22, 2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

It doesn't hurt to make a trip to a big tack store, figure out what fits, and then shop online :)

Unfortunately there are no big tack shops around me :-( It would make things SO much easier!