PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get boots re-fitted(maryland)

StrawberryFields
Mar. 19, 2011, 06:16 PM
I have a pair of older ariat heritage tall boots that I love!!! however, they do not fit me as well as I would have liked. I want to keep them for my IHSA boots as I have another pair of tall boots that I used for eventing a while ago. I want them to be a little more flattering for my legs as I am a short rider but I have long longs for my size. these boots make my calves look fatter and make me look shorter then my already short self lol!! I want to take the ankle in a little, make the calf part a little skinner, add a boot pull tab and have them re-laced. so my question is: can people do this? where would I have to go? I live on the Eastern shore of Maryland FYI. What kind of price range should I expect??

tarheelmd07
Mar. 20, 2011, 09:02 PM
Call the guy at Outback Leather in Laurel - he's fabulous with fixing boots - and makes all kind of custom leather stuff - so he might be able to help you out. It's not on the eastern shore, but wouldn't be much out of the way if you happened to be coming to Baltimore or DC for something....

StrawberryFields
Mar. 25, 2011, 09:02 PM
thanks so much!! great idea