PDA

View Full Version : Vet near Clear Lake/Mason City, Iowa

see u at x
Mar. 19, 2011, 09:50 AM
I apologize for the cross post, but my sister has a bit of an emergency and I know that not everyone reads the off course forum. From what I understand, there's a decent hunter/jumper series up in Mason City now, and I am hoping that someone who attends might see this and know of a vet.

My sister lives near Clear Lake, Iowa and her horse got hurt last night. She tried calling her vet late yesterday and they said it was after hours so they couldn't come until Monday. she then called 2 other vets this morning and neither of them are working this weekend.

Does anyone know of an equine vet up that way who would make a farm call on a Saturday? Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

equitationlane
Mar. 19, 2011, 10:38 AM
Try calling Glen Cudmore in Crescent, Iowa. Glencarry Stables. They might know

Life is Good 2
Mar. 19, 2011, 12:16 PM
Call the vet school in Ames and see if they can give you some names. Good luck, hope everything turns out.

appychik
Mar. 19, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'm hoping pattnic sees this, as she used to live in Fort Dodge (about 2 hours SW from Mason City/Clear Lake). Otherwise, check just across the boarder in MN... like Albert Lea area.

Unfortunately all of my vet contacts in Iowa are down in Des Moines, and small animal at that.

Best of luck to your sister and her horse.

see u at x
Mar. 19, 2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks, everyone! She ended up trailering to a vet located in Greene, who apparently did a great job and was VERY reasonable cost-wise. Fortunately, it wasn't something like colic and the mare was easy to trailer. I'm going to pass along the info you guys gave me so that way she can hopefully get a couple of other names at her disposal in case she ever has an emergency again. Again, thank you very much!

pattnic
Apr. 22, 2011, 10:56 AM
Didn't see this at all before - sorry!
For future reference, I don't really know anyone in your area for vet contacts, but when in Fort Dodge, Kim Shimkat did most of our stuff. She may be able to refer you to someone in your area.