PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Windy Isles Farm & Andrea Hendricks?

Bentley530
Mar. 18, 2011, 11:37 PM
I have posted a couple of threads looking for a trainer in my area. I live in Frankfort, IL and I did try out a trainer near me and she is more for beginners. I have contacted a couple of places in INDIANA, very nice people, but the drive---not so much. I stumbled across a website for Windy Isles Farm and their trainer Andrea Hendricks. I was hoping to get some feedback. I don't want to be bouncing my horse from barn to barn. Please let me know. Thanks for your help!:D

Bentley530
Mar. 20, 2011, 10:39 PM
I just read a thread on another trainer. I see that people can be really mean. I am not looking for someone to bash another trainer with my questions. I am hoping that we are all professionals and great horse people. I appreciate all the pm's I have received. :)

blkhwk25
Apr. 16, 2011, 12:26 AM
I would not recommend her. She is unprofessional and has a bad reputation. There is a lot of drama at that farm.

LFgirl
Apr. 19, 2011, 08:47 PM
Agreed. Rider, Vet, barn owner or anyone in the horse industry - beware, she is two-faced & has left many people unpaid for their services. Poor behavior on her part & poor communication.

ggvansmom
Apr. 20, 2011, 11:55 AM
I have been in and around the horse business for over 30 years. If anyone can say there isn't drama at any barn/business that is filled with young girls...they'd have to be not telling the truth. However, I have known Andrea a long time and have recently started riding with her at Windy Isles farm. I have found the owners of the farm and Andrea to be nothing but honest, helpful and fair. Communication is honest and open and we all work really hard to keep the riding and the horses the focus. I can also say, after a difficult time with the care of our horse, at another farm in the area, our horses have been well cared for and have not had one health or injury related issue since we moved there.

blkhwk25
Apr. 21, 2011, 08:17 PM
I agree that there will always be drama with the young girls at farms. However, Andrea has caused most of the drama at Windy Isles over the past few months.

[edit]

I am not a trainer and get nothing out of writing this, but people need to know the truth. I have just been around Windy Isles for a few years now and decided to stop going there because of what is happening there.

Foundgreenergrass
Apr. 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
I kept my horse here for a short time as in 5 days. I went out everyday and my horse had no water every single time and the last day I saw him being brought in from turnout tied to the back of a 4 wheeler. I felt extremely unwanted, the trainer was short and rude the 3times I talked to her. The owner never was around and there was one groom that pretended to not speak english when I aasked about my horse. I love riding and showing and love to have fun while doing it, I'm a college student and its way to expensive to not have fun. I watched a lesson and the little girl got dumped 2 times while the trainer was allowing her to jump around a 3 ft course when she was at a short stirrup le vel at best. I was not around long enough to experience any drama it was just a very click filled unsafe barn. Andrea tries to make it seem like they show at a competitive level when really she or her barn has no rep at the A shows, which is fine but its irritating to be told one thing when its not true. They do local shows at best some down south but I couldn't find it in my heart to leave my horse somewhere I can't trust and paying so much to feel like an outsider was also not something I wanted to do. Just speaking from my experience good luck finding a barn! Hope it works out!

pmkn
Apr. 22, 2011, 05:34 PM
...no water every single time and the last day I saw him being brought in from turnout tied to the back of a 4 wheeler. I felt extremely unwanted...The owner never was around... I watched a lesson and the little girl got dumped 2 times while the trainer was allowing her to jump around a 3 ft course when she was at a short stirrup le vel at best. I was not around long enough to experience any drama it was just a very click filled unsafe barn. Andrea tries to make it seem like they show at a competitive level when really she or her barn has no rep at the A shows, which is fine but its irritating to be told one thing when its not true. They do local shows at best some down south but I couldn't find it in my heart to leave my horse somewhere I can't trust and paying so much to feel like an outsider was also not something I wanted to do. Just speaking from my experience good luck finding a barn! Hope it works out!

I have known Andrea for YEARS. I board and ride with her currently and am very happy. I can take a break from the barn for a couple of weeks and my horses are fine.
As far as showing she absolutely goes to shows beyond the local level. She and her show team do the NIHJA shows as well as HITS Ocala every winter. I'd say HITS goes just a little beyond the local level, wouldn't you? So, please, person who boarded there for FIVE days, know what you are talking about before speaking.
As far as lessoning goes, she's very patient and would never push a short stirrup kid to do 3 ft if they weren't ready. Perhaps if you had been around longer than 5 days, you'd know everyone's background, etc.
Catherine, the owner, is around quite a bit, especially on the weekends. Again, 5 days does not give you an idea of normally activity in the barn.
There's no "cliques". It's a friendly atmosphere, and the care is great. (I've never seen them go without water.). I've been riding, showing, etc for 30 years now, so I can judge a place pretty accurately.

OP - check it out for yourself. I'm very happy with the barn and Andrea.

LFgirl
Apr. 22, 2011, 07:03 PM
There are cliques at every barn. Some worse than others, but to say that there are no cliques @ Windy Isles just shows that you, pmkn, are in the Andrea clique.

Catherine is a nice lady who lost her husband to cancer and does her best to keep up w/ something she said herself that she doesn't really know what to do with (Windy Isles). She has to keep going & take care of their children. That's where Andrea came in. Andrea is taking advantage of Catheine's unsuredness & Windy Isles as some sort of open stage for the Andrea Hendricks show & you & G's Mom are just something really silly to listen to here w/ all your 30 year veteran hoopla = srsly.?.

I, very frankly, would not want my daughter around her at all. The barn, however, is still 95% full of good people & Catherine ,the owner, tries. Windy Isles just needs to get rid of Andrea - she is the black cloud ruining what was once upon a time good. : )

Bentley530
Apr. 23, 2011, 02:43 AM
Please PM and avoid posting negative remarks.

mlcoursin
Apr. 23, 2011, 04:10 AM
I have known Andrea for YEARS. I board and ride with her currently and am very happy. I can take a break from the barn for a couple of weeks and my horses are fine.
As far as showing she absolutely goes to shows beyond the local level. She and her show team do the NIHJA shows as well as HITS Ocala every winter. I'd say HITS goes just a little beyond the local level, wouldn't you? So, please, person who boarded there for FIVE days, know what you are talking about before speaking.
As far as lessoning goes, she's very patient and would never push a short stirrup kid to do 3 ft if they weren't ready. Perhaps if you had been around longer than 5 days, you'd know everyone's background, etc.
Catherine, the owner, is around quite a bit, especially on the weekends. Again, 5 days does not give you an idea of normally activity in the barn.
There's no "cliques". It's a friendly atmosphere, and the care is great. (I've never seen them go without water.). I've been riding, showing, etc for 30 years now, so I can judge a place pretty accurately.

OP - check it out for yourself. I'm very happy with the barn and Andrea.

I have no dog in this fight...but if I had gone out there five days in a row with my horse having no water each time, I would bounce too. There is no excuse. FIVE days is enough sometimes to see true colors of how a barn is ran. And tied to the back of a four wheeler...:eek:

Moderator 1
Apr. 23, 2011, 11:12 AM
We edited/removed some personal commentary and accusations to comply with our posting policies.

It's fine to post general negative or postive reviews or experiences with a farm or trainer, but please do so within the confines of our policies.

If someone has further information they'd like to share, please do so via the private message function.

Thanks,
Mod 1

jumpforever456
Apr. 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
WOW am I glad I read the posting on this trainer and farm. I was considering it as a possible place for me to board and train. Is this is all true or blown up by someone who doesn't like the trainer or the farm owner.

Foundgreenergrass
Apr. 23, 2011, 01:29 PM
Jumpforver, I don't know the trainer personally, never had a falling out with her. I just know when I moved to the barn I was totally unwelcome by the riders AND the trainer. I felt like I was back in middle school again. It was just not necessary. I know nothing about her training level or her ability to ride, just that it did not show through her riders that I personally saw.

jumpforever456
Apr. 23, 2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks Viva...I certainly would not want to move to a place where that kind of behavior is present. I'm a very serious rider with two amazing horses that I want to show. This type of atmosphere is certainly not something I want to expose myself or my horses to!

pmkn
Apr. 23, 2011, 06:44 PM
WOW am I glad I read the posting on this trainer and farm. I was considering it as a possible place for me to board and train. Is this is all true or blown up by someone who doesn't like the trainer or the farm owner.

It is UNTRUE. Andrea is not some terrible person, and her riders are good. They held their own at HITS this past winter, with several of the kids pinning in large classes.
My personal feeling is someone has a vendetta out for her. If you would like factual information, feel free to PM me. As a boarder and client, I can give you first hand feedback.

drewsbadboy
Apr. 23, 2011, 07:28 PM
It's always so hard to find out the real situation with any barn. I always figure it's best to go visit the barn several times and maybe get to know some of the boarders/riders and the owner and trainer. Then you can see for yourself if the barn is a good fit for you and your horses. :) Best of luck and hope you find a place you really enjoy!

jumpforever456
Apr. 23, 2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, I always say don't ask the trainer's clients....ask the people who board at the same facility that don't ride with the trainer. You will always get inflated reviews from the clients! Ask the people who see how they train but don't ride with them. I find it extremely telling how trainers treat people that don't ride with them, and find it even more telling how they treat other trainers in the same facility!!! After collecting all the data, the mojority of opinions would help in ruling my decision. Who wants to be at a barn when no one gets along with the trainer! NOT ME!

ICANJUMP
Apr. 24, 2011, 11:26 AM
I was a boarder there for some time and left due to many of the things reported in these posts. I will not bash anyone, nor will I tell half truths. However the record needs to be set straight on a few things. Mainly if you dare ride another dicipline like I do, FORGET boarding there. Jumps are kept up in the small indoor arena at all times, and cannot be moved. It is made very clear from the word go that Andrea calls the shots at the barn, and if you don't jump and you are not taking lessons with her, you are treated like a second class citizen, there is no consideration to other riders and boarders at all. I watched first hand children being given their lesson by other students while Ms. Hendricks was doing Lord only knows what, Horses that were dead lame being jumped and if they would not jump being encouraged to do so with a wollup from a crop. I left that barn for many reasons. However the care by the workers was excellent, always a lot of hay and I never saw my horses with no water at all, and if the buckets were drained, it was a rare occurance. I was paying the same price as the hunter jumpers but was not entitled to use the facilities as they are. I will not board and put myself or my horses where poor morals, mistreatment of other hrses and poor horsemanship runs rampent. It is a mystery to me what hold this woman has on the barn owners for them to allow such poor behaviour from someone who is supposed to be representing them and their barn. All that I have stated is truth, and those who think it is not are sadly mistaken. There are good parts to the farm, turnouts are nice, hay is good, and the stalls are clean, and your horse is treated well, however being made to feel uncomfortable because you would like to ride and not have 5 people jumping at the same time while you try to ride is not acceptable at anytime, and should not be accepted. Of course I cannot make decisions for any of you, and this may be an enviroment that will work for you, for me and my family this was not what I wanted to be exposed to nor did I want to expose these things to children.

drewsbadboy
Apr. 24, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'm not taking sides on this, but since the barn is teaching lessons for hunter/jumper then I can understand why they don't want the jumps moved around. It does take time and accurate measurements to set up lines properly. I know it would be huge time/work issue if people had to move all the jumps out and then put them back an hour later for an afternoon lesson. If that makes sense. Is there no other way to ride in the indoor without needing to move the jumps? Just asking. Maybe just move the poles and not the standards?

Added: I boarded my horses for years and sometimes would run across barns that would make people feel a bit alienated and not included. Barns shouldn't be that way- since we all ride to have fun anyway regardless of what discipline we choose :) but sometimes they are. I still think that the best bet is to go spend some time at a prospective barn and get to know the people there. This way you can know for yourself if it will be a great place for you or not.

Foundgreenergrass
Apr. 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yes I'm sure its annoying that the jumps are up all the time, which I jump so that didn't bother me..but even I as a fellow jumper rider felt uncomfortable and unwanted. Its just clicky and that's the end of it..go visit I'm sure you will see it. Unless u go in with ur check book open you will find yourself taken in real well by them.

tallygirl
Apr. 24, 2011, 03:47 PM
It is UNTRUE. Andrea is not some terrible person, and her riders are good. They held their own at HITS this past winter, with several of the kids pinning in large classes.
My personal feeling is someone has a vendetta out for her. If you would like factual information, feel free to PM me. As a boarder and client, I can give you first hand feedback.

Why would you say it's untrue? Maybe in your eyes, but apparently other people have had different experiences. If you would like to give your opinion that is fine but no need to put down other peoples experiences with this person. Like I said other peoples experiences are obviously different than yours. Obviously ALL of these people do not have a vendetta for this woman. Sorry, that just seems ridiculous.

ICANJUMP
Apr. 24, 2011, 10:46 PM
In theory yes Drew that would be a great idea, however that is not allowed at all, and the arena is very small, so if you are trying to do any ground work you are running into the jumps, I personally was not told that it was strictly a lesson barn, I was told all disciplines were welcome. The outdoor arena has numerous jumps as well that cannot be moved. My personal opinion is that the students and or instructor should put the jumps up and or down, as needed, yes it takes time to do, but there should be some kind of compromise regarding this. If you are going to charge each boarder the same price, then consideration needs to be given to every boarder. People that have boarded there will know exactly what I am talking about, and that what would be a logical resolution would not apply to this situation and or group of people.

ggvansmom
Apr. 26, 2011, 12:18 PM
I have to agree when there are multiple riding disciplines with multiple trainers having different types of training styles, it makes it hard. Those that ride say hunters and go to the same shows together tend to bond together. Those that ride, say western and go to those events together tend to bond together. Whenever anyone is new it takes time to get to know everyone and feel a part of the team no matter the sport or the school or the job... Nothing anyone is saying is unusual. However, suggesting solutions to the owners rather than just complaining about them on a public forum where who knows if the owners even read this, would be much more productive. Or start a string asking the question, "Does anyone ride at barns with multiple disciplines and how do the manage the rings/scheduling?" Maybe suggest time schedules particularly for the winter months in the small arena? Hunter/Jumpers have their time slot and the dressage and/or western riders have their slot? I was at a barn where this was the exact situation on the scheduling helped a lot.
I ride at Windy Isles. Andrea is our trainer. I made that decision myself. I did hear about issues with water and 4 wheelers before I moved there. I spoke to Andrea and the owners about it to let them know I expected professional care of my horses. I have had nothing less. I looked at a lot of barns when we were transferred to NW Indiana, there aren't a whole lot of choices if you are serious about showing in the hunter/jumper world. Whoever is considering a barn should make their own decisions. Meet the people, all of the people, watch lessons and training rides and make the decision for yourself. I personally don't see how this type of forum is helpful for that.

jumpforever456
Apr. 27, 2011, 06:18 PM
I was merely looking for individual opinions and expericenes at that farm. I do believe this is a good forum for discussion on any topic. I believe it allows people to say what they want and not be intimidated or threatened in any way. Especially on a topic as sensitive as horse care and trainer ability and morales! Apparently, there are quiet a few people with individual opinions on this trainer and this farm. Thank goodness for this forum. A bigger thank goodness to private messages! I have received a plethera of private messages and am grateful for those who have contacted me. I was able to decide if this was a situation I would want to expose myself, my horses and my family to.

So, I definitly see how this forum is an assest to the horse community. I will continue to browse the threads on this particular site.

Bentley530
Apr. 28, 2011, 08:02 AM
I have to agree when there are multiple riding disciplines with multiple trainers having different types of training styles, it makes it hard. Those that ride say hunters and go to the same shows together tend to bond together. Those that ride, say western and go to those events together tend to bond together. Whenever anyone is new it takes time to get to know everyone and feel a part of the team no matter the sport or the school or the job... Nothing anyone is saying is unusual. However, suggesting solutions to the owners rather than just complaining about them on a public forum where who knows if the owners even read this, would be much more productive. Or start a string asking the question, "Does anyone ride at barns with multiple disciplines and how do the manage the rings/scheduling?" Maybe suggest time schedules particularly for the winter months in the small arena? Hunter/Jumpers have their time slot and the dressage and/or western riders have their slot? I was at a barn where this was the exact situation on the scheduling helped a lot.
I ride at Windy Isles. Andrea is our trainer. I made that decision myself. I did hear about issues with water and 4 wheelers before I moved there. I spoke to Andrea and the owners about it to let them know I expected professional care of my horses. I have had nothing less. I looked at a lot of barns when we were transferred to NW Indiana, there aren't a whole lot of choices if you are serious about showing in the hunter/jumper world. Whoever is considering a barn should make their own decisions. Meet the people, all of the people, watch lessons and training rides and make the decision for yourself. I personally don't see how this type of forum is helpful for that.

Thank you for your reply. I agree 100% that the individual has to go out and judge for themselvess. I have to disagree, however, that this forum is not helpful. I have been in Illlinois for a short time and I have gathered much helpful information on this forum.

WindyIsles
Apr. 28, 2011, 05:21 PM
There are cliques at every barn. Some worse than others, but to say that there are no cliques @ Windy Isles just shows that you, pmkn, are in the Andrea clique.

Catherine is a nice lady who lost her husband to cancer and does her best to keep up w/ something she said herself that she doesn't really know what to do with (Windy Isles). She has to keep going & take care of their children. That's where Andrea came in. Andrea is taking advantage of Catheine's unsuredness & Windy Isles as some sort of open stage for the Andrea Hendricks show & you & G's Mom are just something really silly to listen to here w/ all your 30 year veteran hoopla = srsly.?.

I, very frankly, would not want my daughter around her at all. The barn, however, is still 95% full of good people & Catherine ,the owner, tries. Windy Isles just needs to get rid of Andrea - she is the black cloud ruining what was once upon a time good. : )

Moderators I would ask you if you could please close this thread and delete it.

These are two disgruntled teenage girls (LFgirl & blkhwk25) with personal vendetta against the barn, who are taking private and personal matters (family-related) into a public forum in an attempt to slander the barn, my mother and the trainer.

As you all know I have been on this forum for years mostly posting in the breeding section. My family has bred Connemaras for 50 years in Ireland and the States, we are no new comers to the horse world.

Times have been rough with the loss of my father, I don't deny that but to say that my mother and I know nothing is absurd and shows just how little that they know.

Andrea is a well-respected trainer with a solid and safe lesson program that is competitive at every show it goes to. She is unfailingly honest in her business dealings and is not out to swindle anyone as the posters so claim.

Bentley530 you are more than welcome to contact us or Andrea and come out to visit the barn.

We do our best to keep communication open and make sure that all boarders know that if there any issues to come to us so they can be dealt with and made so it will never happen again. We pride ourselves on the care we take of the horses at the barn - there is the running joke that there are no skinny horses at Windy Isles ;)

blkhwk25
Apr. 28, 2011, 06:58 PM
@sassenach- People have the choice to voice their opinion. And from the posts, it's obvious that neither LFgirl nor I are teenagers. Futhermore, I have never spoken to nor met LFgirl. We both have opinions about this forum and if there was something inappropiate the moderators would have deleted it.

Having that said, we now obviously can tell that something else has happened at the farm involving two girls. I don't know about anyone else, that is alarming to me. And it is drawing more negative attention to the farm on your part.

spina
Apr. 28, 2011, 07:34 PM
Moderators I would ask you if you could please close this thread and delete it.

These are two disgruntled teenage girls (LFgirl & blkhwk25) with personal vendetta against the barn, who are taking private and personal matters (family-related) into a public forum in an attempt to slander the barn, my mother and the trainer.

I think it's very obvious that most of these posts are from 1 or 2 disgruntled and immature people.
The OP, Bentley530 apparently got so caught up in some of her other alters she forgot which one actually started this thread:

I was merely looking for individual opinions and expericenes at that farm. I do believe this is a good forum for discussion on any topic. I believe it allows people to say what they want and not be intimidated or threatened in any way. Especially on a topic as sensitive as horse care and trainer ability and morales! Apparently, there are quiet a few people with individual opinions on this trainer and this farm. Thank goodness for this forum. A bigger thank goodness to private messages! I have received a plethera of private messages and am grateful for those who have contacted me. I was able to decide if this was a situation I would want to expose myself, my horses and my family to.

So, I definitly see how this forum is an assest to the horse community. I will continue to browse the threads on this particular site.

I'm surprised that the moderators don't notice when a negative thread is running on nothing but posts from new alters.

WIFFU88
Apr. 29, 2011, 12:47 AM
@blkhwk25- You could not be more then correct. You have a choice to voice your opinon as you stated. You are correct once again, the monitor would have removed any posts if they were in any shape or form stated in a negative way, but all your statements that I have read are a 100% CORRECT. This is my opinion to everyone at the farm and to these posts...What is taking place at Windy Isles Farm is a disgrace ever since Andrea Hendricks arrived...and this is not only my opinion, I have heard it from many others as well outside the farm.

@sassenach- Back to your post...you stated that (LFgirl & blkhwk25) had personal vendetta against the barn, who were taking private and personal matters(family related) into a public forum in an attempt to slander the barn, your mother, and the trainer. First of all, I would have no doubt you are referring to your trainer, Andrea Hendricks, in this matter and yes she has interferred with not only one family..but more at that farm on a personal level. There is numerous posts on this board referring to her as having a bad reputation,drama,rude,and her being referred as a "black cloud" over the farm,and her unwelcoming behavior to riders. These are all comments I would be concerned about sassenach of your trainer. Your post seems to be more concerned with (LFgirl & blkhwk25) other then the fact that Windy Isles has a barn to "run" and a lot of issues to straighten out.

This is from ACTUAL experience with Windy Isles Farm and is quite upsetting to me to see the way that farm has turned out.

Bentley530
Apr. 29, 2011, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=spina;5577209]I think it's very obvious that most of these posts are from 1 or 2 disgruntled and immature people.
The OP, Bentley530 apparently got so caught up in some of her other alters she forgot which one actually started this thread:

You obviously have NOT read the whole entire thread Genius:eek::eek:
I don't have numerous "alters".
Before you start making someone look like an instigator, do your research! Jumperforever456 was on the thread reading and came across this particular thread and this is what she said:

"WOW am I glad I read the posting on this trainer and farm. I was considering it as a possible place for me to board and train. Is this is all true or blown up by someone who doesn't like the trainer or the farm owner."

This thread had no ill intentions. It has gotten out of hand. Read through the thread and see where the moderator edited a lot of things being said. It was at my request. So get it together and stop being rude!:mad:

Moderator 1
Apr. 29, 2011, 08:59 AM
We have done IP searches on all of the new posters in this thread and have NOT found any evident overlaps between accounts that would indicate the use of alters--including for the OP.

There are clearly some background personal issues at play to some extent in this situation, and this forum is not the appropriate place to address those--and we have already removed some of those references. Users are welcome to share their general experiences, negative or postive, with a farm, trainer, product, company, etc., and readers can judge for themselves whether they value the information or its source.

A representative from the farm has also posted, so her contact information is readily available for those who would like to discuss any concerns and/or she can address concerns here.

Please keep things toned down.

Thanks,
Mod 1

Horselover1234
Jun. 2, 2012, 09:34 PM
Hi, I'm Jenna. I ride at Windy Isles Farm. It is a wonderful facility. Everyone there is super nice, and we keep our spaces organized. The board is $340 a month for stall board, but with turnout it is $380. Pasture board is around $295. Andrea Hendricks is a fanominal teacher and ranked 1st in Illinois, 4th in the U.S. She is very easy to work with and asks nothing more than of you to try you hardest. At Windy, there are a ton of stalls still waiting to be filled. The barn includes and indoor area, outdoor arena, round pen for lunging(no one really uses it though.), cross-country course and of course, a very large number of pastures with sheds. I live in Bourbonnais, and it is a 20 minuet drive from my house to the barn. Andrea teaches Hunter/Jumper. If you ride western, there are western lessons there but most of us ride english. If you have anyother questions, feel free to ask them!
Thanks, Jenna

Horselover1234
Jun. 2, 2012, 09:43 PM
I'm going to make this short, and quick. Andrea is an amazing teacher. I have ridden here for about 1 1/2 years and I have never heard a whisper of gossip. You have no right to come on here and trash talk about an amazing faculty and barn. Ive been at multiple barns, and this is the most well one ive ever seen. It is a privalige to be able to ride at Windy Isles Farm.

Long Spot
Jun. 2, 2012, 09:49 PM
Nothing says "I don't like drama" like digging up a year old thread.

I hadn't seen it the first time around, horselover1234, but I sure did this time.

Horselover1234
Jun. 2, 2012, 09:53 PM
Ok, really quick. The groom you are talking about 1st, isnt a groom he is the barn manager, and 2nd he wansnt TRYING to not speak English, all he speaks is Spanish, and that isnt his fault, so dont judge people by just looking at them.

SMF11
Jun. 2, 2012, 10:07 PM
One thing is confirmed: there is drama at this barn! :lol::lol:

Foundgreenergrass
Jun. 2, 2012, 11:48 PM
the truth always comes out;-)

MooseAndMar
Jul. 24, 2012, 01:34 PM
I would have to disagree with this. Andrea is a great trainer and has really helped many young riders. Shes won big at the shows with her team and owns plenty of horses. She really knows what shes doing and has the potential to start her own business if she wanted to. However, she is no longer the trainer and Windy Isles. Kestas Stoskus is. For info on him you can visit the barns website www.WindyIslesFarms.com I hoped that this helped out :)

MooseAndMar
Jul. 24, 2012, 01:39 PM
I think that this is opinionated. It depends what you get yourself into and what you hear. Training is kept completely seperate from the drama, if any. If you're looking for a trainer Andrea is simply the best. I think that she is great and can really help if you're looking to become a champion at the horse shows! Andrea is very connected and known in the "Horse World". Drama doesn't have an affect on Andreas training. The barn itself is not all drama. There are always friendly faces. Another thing, Andrea no longer trains at Windy Isles. Kestas Stoskus trains there now. If you're looking for info on him you can find plenty of bio's and such on Google just by searching his name. Drama or not new faces are always welcome at Windy Isles. I think that you'll be satasfied with the service if you decide to go there. I hope that this helped.

MooseAndMar
Jul. 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
I think that Windy Isles is great. Andrea did add an extra little touch at the barn. When she worked there. Andrea no longer trains at Windy Isles. Kestas Stoskus is her replacement. If you do a quick Google Search on Kestas you can find multiple Bio's and such. However, it seems that he's a bit of a "Barn Hopper" in my opinion. I think this because his bio's are on various other Barns websites. He is selling many barns horses, and he's got plenty of Youtube Video's at different barns. He seems to serve short service and then move on for whatever reason. I will still be training with Andrea as she has been a magnificant trainer since the day that I arrived at Windy Isles. I loved it there. But, when Andrea moved I had to also. It was nothing personal or against Windy Isles, but I had to go where my trainer was going. I had to do what was best for me in that situation. I am also leasing one of her horses. Bullwinkle is his name. If you're looking to go to Windy Isles, I'd strongly encourage it. Catherine Pendergrast (the barn owner) likes to make changes and is very friendly and open minded. I like her alot. She's treated me like family since the first day I set foot on her property. So much has changed since then, all good things. If you're looking for a good barn, Windy Isles is the place. I hope in the end you make the decision of your choice, but Windy Isles is a great place! Hope that this helped.