PDA

View Full Version : New Helmet - KEP or Samshield?

countrcanter
Mar. 18, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm interested in buying a new helmet. Does anyone have any experience with KEP or Samshield? My number one concern is fit, obviously, but being well ventilated is very important to me. I have a speed air now and love that it has all those vents.

Thanks for any feedback!

CC

alteringwego
Mar. 18, 2011, 11:17 PM
They fit very differently so probably shoot for trying on first. For jumpers I think the KEP have a great look but Samshields have so many customizable options and the chrome with leather is still less than $500 and looks amazing. I just bought a new Samshield today but I ride hunters and equitation so I went somewhat boring and got microfiber all over and the graphite stamp. Very comfy for my funny shaped head though.

countrcanter
Mar. 19, 2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks alteringwego... Would you say it's as well ventilated as a speed air?

brooksbaby
Jun. 29, 2011, 11:38 PM
I am going to try and revive this thread because I too am deciding between the KEP and Samshield. Countrcanter, did you decide between the two & do you like it?

BAC
Jun. 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
Trainer has the KEP and she loves it, especially for its light weight and good ventilation. It is also very attractive, it doesn't have that mushroom look that so many have. Sorry I can't offer any first hand experience of my own.