PDA

View Full Version : wellington grand prix 3/26

workinggirl
Mar. 17, 2011, 08:02 PM
Hi there

I am going to see the 500k grand prix in Wellington on 3/26. Can anyone tell me about seating, I am bringing some friends and need to know about seating. thanks

Also, hotel recommendation? thanks again

NYCGIRL
Mar. 17, 2011, 09:33 PM
Hotel that is closest is Hampton Inn and Suites in Wellington it is pretty nice as well. It is 20 a car load and stadium seating is free. If you want vip seating or tables go to this link https://secure.ticketsage.net/EventsPage.aspx?ws=1

dogbluehorse
Mar. 17, 2011, 10:04 PM
They seem to have different rules on particular weekends. Most weekends you can sit for free in the blue seats (which have no roof) along the one long end, which have a pretty good view. But for the charity thing, and for the Nations Cup, you needed to pay for seating (even the blue ones). This all seems to be something you just have to magically know. Not sure how you figure it out for real.

NYCGIRL
Mar. 17, 2011, 10:14 PM
I believe there are just a few events that you have to pay more https://secure.ticketsage.net/EventsPage.aspx?ws=1 to find out all seating options.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 6:00 PM $500,000 FTI Consulting Finale Grand Prix CSI 5*
The grand finale for the top show jumpers from around the world; enjoy the excitement and thrills as horse and rider leap over the spectacular course, under lights, in the renowned International Arena. Book your Private Box Seat or a Tiki Table with cash bar and waitress service. For private dining in our exclusive International Club contact our Hostess, Kiki Umla, at 561 422 2823. Parking $20.00 per carload. General admission no charge. site to check that

Frizzle
Mar. 18, 2011, 03:29 PM
Or you can just go early and hang out for a while, and then you don't have to pay at all! :winkgrin: Or sneak in the back way (which is admittedly a bit of a walk, but will save you enough $$ for a drink or two).

bizbachfan
Mar. 18, 2011, 03:51 PM
The Wellington Hampton Inn has pretty high rates during shows. There are a few other Hamptons not too far away, (Lake Worth Turnpike for one) There is also the Royal Inn which others on here have suggested. Any hotels near/west of West Palm Beach airport are a reasonabled drive as well.

The private dining areas have big signs that say open to public and I made the mistake of going into one to get a drink they are all reserved for private parties... just a heads up.

You will have a blast by the way, very fun event!

workinggirl
Mar. 18, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! I called there and it's $20 a car to park, free entry. Stadium seating is free, so I think we'll be all right. We have a friend that is putting us up, so really saving some $$$- more to spend on food/drinks/stuff!