PDA

View Full Version : Boarding NE Ohio

Alter99
Mar. 17, 2011, 02:23 PM
Hi all. I'm a grad student and have a clinical rotation in NE Ohio this summer and am looking for a place to board my horse for the 3.5-4 months that I'm there. Currently my horse is at a show barn but I'm looking for a quieter barn with lots of turnout and just good care :) I'm indifferent to whether or not there is a trainer, if the barn travels to shows, discipline of the barn, etc....just want my horse to be happy! My rotation is in Rocky River, OH but I will be living in Concord, OH so location somewhere in those areas would be awesome! PM me places to stay away from please! Unfortunately, I currently live out of state so I may have to go of recommendations when picking a farm. Hopefully there will be lots of options in case I have to move once I get there!

Tobias
Mar. 17, 2011, 03:28 PM
I have been to several different stables in NE Ohio. None of them I would really warn against. Some I highly recommend. It just depends on your standards and budget.

I boarded at a place where the stalls were crummy but turn out was great. He was out way more than in anyways.

I don't remember where exactly these places are, but I can give you the names and you can look them up.

Walsh farms: big place, not the most personalized care, but decent basic care. Big indoor, 2 huge out door arenas. Stalls with daily turnout.

EQ training center:
Arabian breeding farm. GORGEOUS Place!! they board any breed, Indoor arena blanketing, heated/insulated wash stalls. Always a cute baby somewhere! Great care!

Scenic Run:
Big training barn, dressage and hunter/jumpers. If you have a deep wallet, go for it! They have EVERYTHING you could want, but you pay for it as well.
Even an exercise room (for humans) and a stocked refrigerator.

Richfield Farm:
I don't remember much about that one, My sister boarded there and liked it.

Good Luck on your hunt!

Alter99
Mar. 18, 2011, 08:21 AM
Thanks! I was able to find information on scenic run and EQ center. Haven't been able to find contact info for the other two. But I will keep searching :)

horsechick
Mar. 18, 2011, 10:50 AM
check the OPHA website for links to local trainers...they may be able to guide you in the right direction. Also, call Schneiders tack shop-they are based in Chagrin Falls and probably know everyone. :)