PDA

View Full Version : South Florida (Miami area) Hunter/Jumper world

SnapCracklePop
Mar. 16, 2011, 07:26 PM
I am potentially relocating to the Miami area and would love the 411 on the hunter/jumper scene. I have read all past topics and have seen recommendations that you have given other people on where to board etc.

I will be looking for employment rather than boarding but am simply looking to know what people you would want to work for/ride with, which people would totally ruin your reputation if you were to work with/ride for them, and why.

I really want honesty as I do not know anyone in this area and am depending on you guys to help me out in making the right decision! I am a young professional and want to make sure that make a good transition into a new area.

*Edited to say PLEASE PM ME if it is negative - I am not looking to start public bashing*

Thanks in advance!

usedtobeaweffer
Mar. 16, 2011, 10:48 PM
Elaine Morden - if she's still doing it…

Pablo Gamboa - World Class Equestrian Center- has great jumpers and can literally squeeze every amount of potential out of even the most disgruntled horse….

Mailin Beckmen (sp?) - Huntercreek Farm- Great for kids and older adults..

My first job in the horse world as a tiny tiny little wannabe was with Pablo and I learned soooooooooooooooo much

chunky munky
Mar. 17, 2011, 12:21 PM
Not sure if she still operates out of Miami, but I think she does the Miami IHSA team. Karen Flynn. Has been there forever. There are many in Ft. Lauderdale as well depending which part of Miami you end up in.