PDA

View Full Version : Question about weight loss and helmets

AliCat
Mar. 16, 2011, 06:54 PM
At the risk of sounding like a total moron, is it possible my helmet is fitting differently since I lost some weight? My hair has not changed, and neither has the way I wear it when I ride. The only thing that has changed is my weight (-15lbs or so). My helmet now seems to flop around a bit. Anyone else ever have this happen?

beaujolais
Mar. 16, 2011, 07:41 PM
Yes, same here. I was thinking this yesterday, as a matter of fact. I can't figure it, either.

woodrwo
Mar. 16, 2011, 08:45 PM
This does not help...but I just dropped about the same amount of weight and honest to goodness my feet have shrunk! What the heck??? Helmet still fits though!

alto
Mar. 16, 2011, 08:52 PM
Padding in helmets can get compressed & then helmet will fit differently (can usually get inserts from helmet manufacturers or bike shops to add in) but people do have a fatty tissue layer over the skull & feet etc; the change in fit, especially in the feet, may also be related to fluid loss rather than tissue loss.

shalomypony
Mar. 17, 2011, 08:48 AM
I hate when my head shrinks!LOL!

KitKat987
Mar. 17, 2011, 09:07 AM
Yes, after I lost 40 lbs, my helmet suddenly started falling off my head. It was the last place I expected to lose weight and took me completely by surprise! Seemed to happen overnight too.

JBCool
Mar. 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
I've had that happen after losing weight too. Both head and feet. You're not crazy! Or a moron. :)