PDA

View Full Version : boarding in Fort Myers, Florida

workinggirl
Mar. 16, 2011, 08:24 AM
Hi there

I am shopping for a place to board my trail horse next winter, Fort Myers, Florida area- nothing fancy byt need access to trails. Anyone with an extra stall? I am an adult lady, clean, quiet, respectful, fun. thanks

hitchinmygetalong
Mar. 17, 2011, 05:00 PM
I have a friend that boards at Davinci Farm and really likes it.

http://www.davincifarms.com

I don't know anything about it other than that, though.

If the facility isn't what you are looking for, you might give them a call and ask if they know of anything that might suit.

Good luck!

Danged Arab
Mar. 26, 2011, 08:23 PM
I live in North Fort Myers. Can't think offhand of barns with good access to trails (I have to trailer out), but you might want to contact Caloosa Saddle Club. Those guys trail ride a LOT and might have some suggestions. Good luck! http://www.caloosasaddleclub.com/

acoustic
Mar. 28, 2011, 11:27 AM
I live in Fort Myers. I board at a local backyard barn with access to trails. Not a huge amount, but you could make a day out of it. The trails are well maintained by the county (it is a dog park area but I don't run into many people on the trails with their dogs. They are always respectful if I do).

Not a lot of bells and whistles at the barn, but they feed your horse well and are very flexible if you prefer to feed your own feed and/or hay. Self care or full board with a nice little barn and lighted arena. Not the best place in Fort Myers, but the best for the price (under $350/month). It is in a pretty central location too.

PM if you'd like the name/number of the folks that own it.

birdsong
Mar. 28, 2011, 11:41 AM
I second the reference to the Saddle Club.

Plan on trailering to almost ALL trails....and do think of joining the Club to have locals to ride with and to find places to go. Its a nominal membership fee.

I summered out West one year and rode/camped amazing trails through that areas Saddle Club.

Skylark2682
Dec. 21, 2011, 08:42 AM
Check out Waldpoint Farm. They have several boarders there that just trail ride and there are access to trails. Great barn - wonderful people, very knowledgeable and safe.