PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing the TB Times freshman sire contest?

keepthelegend
Mar. 9, 2011, 08:33 PM
I shouldn't do this seeing that I have a yearling by Purge, lol, but it's quite fun! So many interesting stallions this year - who did you pick?

Amyy
Mar. 10, 2011, 12:30 PM
I did!

I had a hard time picking between Scat Daddy and Hard Spun in group 1, because I'm sending a mare to Scat Daddy, and I have a lovely yearling by Hard Spun. In the end I went with Hard Spun.

In group 2, it was between Stevie Wonderboy and Lawyer Ron. I went with Lawyer Ron because again I have a nice filly by him lol.

In 3 I picked Purim, in 4 I picked Teuflesberg, 5 Ecclesiastic, and 6 Teofilo

It was really hard to pick those in the latter groups, so I mainly just winged it.

witherbee
Mar. 10, 2011, 02:42 PM
I winged most of it. We bred a mare this year to After Market, so chose him. We are having a Shakespeare baby in May, so chose him, and then went by number of foals and breeding on the rest. Should be very interesting!

Street Sense
After Market
Shakespeare
Stonesider (Joker)
El Nino
Red Clubs (Ire)

keepthelegend
Mar. 10, 2011, 05:37 PM
This is what I have done but not submitted yet

Hard Spun - probably stupid to go against Street Sense but I think Hard Spun had more raw speed and brilliance.

Group 2 - After Market, but still very undecided. I have a Flashy Bull 2 yr old in training that I love and is very early so I am very tempted by him, but thinking Lawyer Ron and After Market stood for 30k and probably had higher quality mares. I had an After Market yearling that was gorgeous, I love his female family and Storm Cats are early, but the turf part worries me...although I picked War Front last year and he was my leading horse. So After Market but still a toss up with Flashy Bull and Lawyer Ron. Even Half Ours is interesting and heard some amazing things about Latent Heat. Hardest group for me! Probably will change my mind before submitting.

Utopia - big foal crop, NY bred money, good racehorse

Stonesider - Brilliant in his one start against very good maiden field, NY bred money,love Giants Causeway.

Ecclesiastic - biggest crop, very good family, PA bred money, he is my joker. Not a great group to choose from!

Teofilo - fabulous 2 yr old himself.