View Full Version : Western Expression offspring?

Mar. 9, 2011, 01:01 PM
I've had several of his daughters here on the farm, ridden a few more at the track. The ones I have here are not always the most pleasant. One is a witch under saddle and, while pleasant enough on the ground, has been known to let those hind feet fly. Another is great under saddle and generally ok on the ground, but the feet and teeth need to be watched. The third is a total bitch and has been known to go after people, teeth bared. (She's my personal favorite. Not!). I was at the breeding farm that stands WE this am, and when I mentioned to one of the girls in the stud barn how unpleasant his daughters have been, she made some noncommittal answer that I took to mean his offspring are obnoxious, across the board. ;) So, your experiences with WE offspring? Àre they all this bad? Or am I just that lucky? Lol

Mar. 9, 2011, 05:00 PM
Gosh, I hope they're not all that bad!

I just picked up a new WE boy as a project. Haven't had him long enough to re-start under saddle (weather's been a challenge around here, lately, to try and get much riding done), but he's an absolute sweetheart.

He seems to be a genuinely good-natured horse, and so far has been an absolute pleasure to handle on the ground.

There's another poster on the Hunter Jumper forum (bhrunner06) who picked up a WE gelding from New Vocations around the same time as I found mine.

Maybe she'll chime in here, or shoot her a PM to invite her over this way?

Mar. 9, 2011, 06:23 PM
I hope it's not all of them, for your sake! At least, not the boys! Lol. All I know is I'm 3 for 3, and NOT for the better. Lol.

Mar. 9, 2011, 08:52 PM

I got a WE gelding back in January from New Vocations. He is a total love bug and an absolute DREAM to handle! Ive only been on him once, but that one time, he was a STAR when I rode him! Quiet, pleasant. Weather has sucked so I havent been back on him, but so far, everything I have done with him, hes been a saint to work with!!

Mar. 13, 2011, 10:25 AM
Western Expression himself is a total ASS. Very bad mannered, rude horse that will throw a temper tantrum any chance he gets. I haven't worked with any of his offspring, but I've seen the horse several times during the breeding season and not, and currently have a friend working at Highcliff and I've never seen him behave himself.