PDA

View Full Version : Adding Larger Knee Rolls to a Wintec?

BarnBrat
Mar. 9, 2011, 10:17 AM
Hello all, I would like to get some feedback on the wintec 'flexi blocks' for my saddle. I ususally ride in a HDR dressage saddle with a nice deep seat and big fat knee rolls. I love that saddle. However, my horse has lost a little condition over the winter and my beloved saddle has made him sore. So I'm back to riding in the Wintec Pro dressage I bought as his 'baby saddle'. Ugh, I don't know how I ever rode in that thing for so long! I feel like I am flopping around everwhere. Particularly my lower leg, I feel like its going all over the place and it's all I can do to even put my leg on a little.

So my question is do you think adding a larger knee block would help with this problem at all? Also, does anyone know if the large size dressage 'flexi-blocks' wintec sells are significantly larger than the ones that come standard on the pro? It's difficult to tell how large they are from any pics I have been able to find. Thanks in advance for your input!

arabiansrock
Mar. 9, 2011, 12:10 PM
The large blocks are much larger. BUT.. I had the Wintec Pro with the large blocks. I felt secure, and when the horse bucked the blocks helped push me back into position. However, once I got a new saddle, I quickly realized that I NEVER had my leg on correctly in the Wintec. Trainer was always yelling "more leg". I just couldn't do it in the Wintec and it wasn't my fault it was the saddle. I don't think buying the big blocks will help you "get your leg on", but it will buy you a little security in case of rambunctiousness.

BarnBrat
Mar. 9, 2011, 07:49 PM
Darn, well I don't think the bigger knee blocks could possibly make things any worse!