PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...I think I have a problem (expensive breeches)

ASBnTX
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:22 PM
I have to confess to someone... I just spent $400+ on three pairs of GORGEOUS full seat breeches - two pair of Pikeur Luganas and one pair of Cavallos Champions. That's an insane amount of money in my mind, but here are my justifications:

I just sold a saddle that's been collecting dust for two years.
I've been working my butt off (Crossfit!!!) to get in shape and my 3 measley pairs of off-brand breeches are looking pretty saggy.
I've gone el-cheapo with all of my other breeches and they're now faded/falling apart along with saggy in a short period of time, so it's a good investment long-term.

Ahhh...I feel better! I just hope I intercept the package before my DH does. Although if he doesn't figure out the invoice is in GBP rather than dollars, then I'm all set - it doesn't look too bad in pounds!

So tell me how much I will LOVE my new breeches!? :)

alg0181
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:26 PM
Tell your husband it's cheaper to buy one pair of NICE breeches that will hold up for years, than to replace the cheapy ones several times a year. :D I just spent $80 on a pair of SCHOOLING TIGHTS! But they are SO nice and since I'm riding 6+ horses a week, they will hold up a bajillion times better than the awful cheap ones. Enjoy!

hundredacres
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:31 PM
$400 for 3 pairs is a bargain! You'll love your breeches :)

sadlmakr
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:35 PM
It is always better to buy good quality breeches. If you lose weight you can always get them tailored.
It is like buying a Pakistani import saddle or buying an Albion. There is no comparison. You did good.
regards, sadlmakr

paintlady
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
I have the same problem as you... I now only own FITS and Eurofit breeches with deerskin or leather seats. Once you go to a high-end breech - it's hard to go back.

alibi_18
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:53 PM
You should change the title because YOU do not have a problem.
Your DH does! :D

Tell him you were just about to buy a(nother) horse and then...decided that you would spend your money more wisely on some new breeches! VoilĂ ! All the money you have saved!!!

Chaila
Mar. 8, 2011, 01:56 PM
Where the heck did you get all those breeches for $400??? The Eurofit are almost $300 /ea on eBay!

ASBnTX
Mar. 8, 2011, 02:07 PM
Oh I do think the whole currency conversion will save my butt with DH ;) He's actually very supportive of my horsey habit, and tiny details like the price of breeches doesn't require full disclosure...right?
Source - google Classic Dressage Marbella (been discussed on here before) - she has an ebay store. BUT if you email her your size, she'll send you a list of what she has in inventory. She has A LOT in stock that is not listed on her ebay store. She sent me a list of about 35 or so pairs of Pikeur, Golden Dress, Eurostar, Cavallo, and Schumachers all in my size. It was hard work narrowing it down to just three! I don't think you can beat her prices.

paintlady
Mar. 8, 2011, 02:32 PM
OSource - google Classic Dressage Marbella (been discussed on here before) - she has an ebay store. BUT if you email her your size, she'll send you a list of what she has in inventory. She has A LOT in stock that is not listed on her ebay store. She sent me a list of about 35 or so pairs of Pikeur, Golden Dress, Eurostar, Cavallo, and Schumachers all in my size. It was hard work narrowing it down to just three! I don't think you can beat her prices.

Thanks for enabling us. :lol:

I got my Eurofit from SmartPak - 50% off in the clearance section (all gone now) plus free shipping. LOVE SMARTPAK!

hundredacres
Mar. 8, 2011, 02:40 PM
You have to check out VTO for their clearance breeches too ;)

Blkarab
Mar. 8, 2011, 02:44 PM
ASBnTX---

I think that was a wise investment...and I'm going to follow suit!

I just started doing the Crossfit program at the beginning of the year. It's awesome, and I know it's really going to help me in my riding...I'm already seeing improvements. Just wish I could get to where I can do a WOD without gasping for breath! Seriously awesome program.

Congrats on the weight-loss and good score on those breeches. Off to google, lol.

ASBnTX
Mar. 8, 2011, 03:00 PM
Crossfit is amazing!!! I'm totally hooked :) I don't think you'll ever get through a wod without gasping for air - there are some insanely fit people at my box and they are all huffing and puffing as much as me! That's why it's so great!!! I've been able to tell huge improvements in my riding as well in just a short time.
Good luck on your shopping ;) I ordered a pair of awesome navy/sand checked with a navy seat, mid brown with a kaffe seat, and a grey with an olive seat! Can't wait!!

dudleyc
Mar. 8, 2011, 06:53 PM
Honestly, my breeches are the key to keeping my figure. I have so much inve$ted that I can not afford to gain weight.

PiaffePlease
Mar. 8, 2011, 07:05 PM
$400 on 3 pairs of good quality breeches is not bad. Just explain to him that its quality, not quantity that counts.

CobJockey
Mar. 8, 2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah Crossfit! I used to do it, and would still be doing it if I wasn't spending my gym money on lessons! I love Crossfit, it's nice to hear other equestrians do it too!

winfieldfarm
Mar. 8, 2011, 07:22 PM
as far as the husband goes, remember the golden rule of the equine shopper.

Tis better to ask forgiveness than permission.

SmartAlex
Mar. 9, 2011, 09:09 AM
Is there anything better than waiting for a batch of new breeches to appear on the doorstep? I always hold out hope that THIS pair will make my butt look like the one in the catalog. :cool:

horsetales
Mar. 9, 2011, 10:23 AM
I always hold out hope that THIS pair will make my butt look like the one in the catalog. :cool:

If you find that pair, please share :lol: :lol: Congrats on your purchase

MysticOakRanch
Mar. 9, 2011, 10:32 AM
Is there anything better than waiting for a batch of new breeches to appear on the doorstep? I always hold out hope that THIS pair will make my butt look like the one in the catalog. :cool:

Photoshop is your friend - it CAN make your butt look fabulous!

OP - you got a great deal. I'll admit, years ago, I discovered the difference in the feel of good breeches and a good saddle, and now I could never go back! On the plus side, I've had breeches that have lasted YEARS with hard wear, so when you look at the cost per ride, they may actually be LESS expensive:lol:

SmartAlex
Mar. 9, 2011, 10:42 AM
Photoshop is your friend - it CAN make your butt look fabulous!

I am a dedicated photo blogger... and I can get decent results with just the Paint program :D You don't honestly think my grey horse and my tan breeches are always that clean do you?