PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Affaire in Del Mar this weekend

FlightCheck
Mar. 8, 2011, 08:52 AM
Anyone going?

It is my first time announcing there - please come by and say hello :)

scubed
Mar. 8, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cool. I am not going, but if you end up doing next year, let me know and I'll try to schedule the family visit to coincide

canyonoak
Mar. 8, 2011, 06:22 PM
Just a shout out to everyone that Olympic/WEG/USEF team rider Guenter Seidel is listed in both the PSG-Int One classes with Sundayboy and the GP classes with UII.

So welcome back Guenter!

Guenter got bucked off and hurt last year and it's just great to know he has recovered.

dudleyc
Mar. 8, 2011, 06:47 PM
Interesting to see Sandrina in the PSG - do you think Jan is aiming for Pan AM?

akrogirl
Mar. 8, 2011, 09:00 PM
A friend of mine is going to try out for the Para team. Chemo side effects, or lack thereof, permitting, Mr Akro and I are hoping to fly out on Friday to watch and support her in her team test.

If we make it, I will definitely try to stop by. I have never been to Dressage Affaire before, so where and when might we find you?

canyonoak
Mar. 8, 2011, 10:50 PM
Yes, Jan is going to aim both Sandrina and Rosenzauber towards Pan-Am qualification.

Dogsandponies
Mar. 8, 2011, 10:53 PM
I'm just going to watch. I entered but was one of the many that got turned away because of the high volume of entries. :(

tm
Mar. 9, 2011, 12:17 AM
I'm the show photographer this weekend. Flight Check, I'll stop by and say hi!

FlightCheck
Mar. 9, 2011, 07:53 AM
akrogirl, I've never been there either, but I've been told I'll be in the indoor - look for the red headed woman in either the blue or green big hat :)
Please tell your para rider I said good luck. I announced the Para Equestrians at WEG, and it was one of the greatest honors of my life.

tm, thank you!

fooler
Mar. 9, 2011, 11:06 AM
Anyone going?

It is my first time announcing there - please come by and say hello :)

Enjoy your trip to Del Mar! I lived in that area many years ago and it is lovely. Take time to stop by Mary's Tack and Feed;). Also take some time to look about at the beaches and cliffs overlooking the ocean. It is odd to talk about traveling East to go inland:lol:

mjhco
Mar. 9, 2011, 12:01 PM
I'm the show photographer this weekend. Flight Check, I'll stop by and say hi!

Say "Hey" to Grant for me. Wish I could come watch.

Lostboy
Mar. 9, 2011, 12:11 PM
Nice facility, it's going to be a great show !

akrogirl
Mar. 9, 2011, 12:57 PM
akrogirl, I've never been there either, but I've been told I'll be in the indoor - look for the red headed woman in either the blue or green big hat :)
Please tell your para rider I said good luck. I announced the Para Equestrians at WEG, and it was one of the greatest honors of my life.

tm, thank you!

Thanks, we'll definitely stop by, and I'll most certainly pass on your good wishes :-) It will be my friend's second test ever, provided she makes it through the classification process. She has had so much to deal with over the past few years and is such an inspiration to me as I deal with my own issues.

Poody
Mar. 9, 2011, 10:40 PM
I can't be there so I hope someome posts scores and such.
I am rooting for Guenter and U-booboo II to have great trips.
I looked that the day sheets, what a packed show..Kim Keenan does a good job

Mardi
Mar. 10, 2011, 01:18 AM
I looked at the day sheets, what a packed show..Kim Keenan does a good job

Yep...this is far and away the best dressage show in southern California.
It's even won an Exhibitor Friendly Best In Shows Award. Twice, I believe.

Its phenonmenal success is due to Kim Keenan (manager) and because of her,
and her alone, the exhibitors and BNT trainers come to support it.
As a result, it's grown in size, reputation and prestige. And people return
year after year.

It's a perfect example of how exhibitors, trainers and sponsors will step in and
support a show when the management is responsive to their needs, and isn't afraid to spend money to make it a fun and competitive show for everyone.

I know it sounds like I'm on the payroll, but I'm not. I'm an annual trophy sponsor and I don't get anything (no special passes, tickets, etc.).

This is thee dressage show in southern California. Ain't nuthin' that comes close.

akrogirl
Mar. 10, 2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks, we'll definitely stop by, and I'll most certainly pass on your good wishes :-) It will be my friend's second test ever, provided she makes it through the classification process. She has had so much to deal with over the past few years and is such an inspiration to me as I deal with my own issues.

We are so excited - my friend got her official classification and is ready to go first thing tomorrow!

RAyers
Mar. 10, 2011, 09:46 PM
My dressage trainer, Dolly Hannon will be judging there. I am pretty sure she starts with the I1 or I2 tests followed by GP on Friday (?). Say "hi" to her!

Reed

Melyni
Mar. 11, 2011, 11:32 AM
Scheduled to hit between 11 am and noon, I hope the waves are not too big.
MW

Mardi
Mar. 12, 2011, 01:37 AM
The show is a few miles inland from the coast, so worries at all.
Plus we don't get much of a surge/tsunami wave action in San Diego...water too deep offshore.