PDA

View Full Version : Grafenburg? Graffenburg? Hano stallion

spirithorse22
Mar. 3, 2011, 10:08 PM
Is anyone familiar with this stallion? Is he a part of the "g-line" of Hanoverians?

Cross posting a bit w/ the sport horse breeding forum.

Thanks in advance!

WBLover
Mar. 4, 2011, 11:55 AM
He passed away a few years ago, he used to stand at Indian Land Farm. http://www.indianlandfarm.com/

I almost bought a colt by their other stallion Dominator, so that's how I know of Grafenburg and the farm. They now stand a son of Grafenburg, Gastspelier. Good solid stallions, more old-style heavier types.

spirithorse22
Mar. 4, 2011, 09:04 PM
Thank you!

I have found that I LOVE most of the Hanoverians I meet, and am trying to figure out which lines I appear to be most drawn towards. Often they are said to be of the "G" line.

Does this include Grafenburg? Or does it only apply to a particular set of "g" named stallions?

mtngirl
Mar. 5, 2011, 08:27 PM
I was told by a couple of different breeders that he would be considered part of the "G" line as he went back to Grande.

My trainer has a broodmare by Grafenburg. Very solidly built horse. Fabulous movement. I had a lovely filly out of her by a "R" line stallion but lost her to colic last year. The mare has a 9 month old colt on the ground by a APHA stallion that is very solidly built, good mover and about as easy going as you could ask for.

I bought a colt at Indian Land Farms last year. Although Gastspieler is still listed on their website, I was under the impression that they were concentrating more on their other stallion Razmataz. When I went down last year to select a yearling, there was only one or two from Gastspieiler and the others were all by Razmataz.