PDA

View Full Version : Duett 'Fidelio' dressage saddle?

Watermark Farm
Mar. 3, 2011, 02:11 PM
After a year of struggling to fit my daughter's very round, wide Dutch/Arab X we've ordered a Duett 'Fidelio' saddle.

I'm curious if anyone here is riding in one, and what are your thoughts about how it supports your position, and how it has held up?

Thanks in advance!

oldernewbie
Mar. 3, 2011, 04:35 PM
After a year of struggling to fit my daughter's very round, wide Dutch/Arab X we've ordered a Duett 'Fidelio' saddle.

I'm curious if anyone here is riding in one, and what are your thoughts about how it supports your position, and how it has held up?

Thanks in advance!

I took a spin on my barn-mate's Fidelio and liked it. It would have been my next choice at the time for a trial but I found a better saddle for my horse (purebred Arab) and me right afterwards. My barn-mate seems to have had good luck with it, her horse goes well in it. She recently sent the saddle back to have the billets re-sewn (it's about a year old?) and the tree checked. Her horse flipped over on the saddle and may have hurt the tree.

That's what I know - HTH!

Samigator
Mar. 5, 2011, 11:43 AM
I just took a spin in a barnmate's Duett Fidelio last night too! It fit my wide horse pretty decently. It was very comfortable to sit in, the seat is really nicely padded. The leather is good quality, the thigh blocks were moveable, and it looks like it has held up very well, practically brand new looking after 5 years of use by the owner. The twist was a little wide for me (strange because in a previous thread I had stated I wanted a little wider twist, but this was wider than I'd prefer, to the point that my hips got sore trying to use my legs a lot for lateral work, etc). Overall it seemed like a really nicely balanced saddle, and I'd consider using one on my horse, and they're pretty reasonable price for the quality. The tree was a 36, which didn't seem quite as wide as what I had expected, but it definitely was not too narrow. I loved that the gullet was nice and wide and the panels are broad to distribute weight over more area.

mtngirl
Mar. 5, 2011, 08:07 PM
I've had mine for over three years and absolutely love it! My horse goes beautifully in it. My trainer really likes it too.

I'm riding 2nd level, schooling 3rd. I did replace one billet...the webbing had become frayed. So far it is only showing the normal wear I'd expect from my level of riding. By far the most comfortable saddle I've had.

My horse took a 34cm. I found the twist to be wider than my old Country Drespri, but narrower than the Wintec 500 I have.

Watermark Farm
Mar. 7, 2011, 11:45 PM
Thank you oldernewbie, samigator, and mtngirl for your comments. I really appreciate it! I'll post once our saddle arrives and we've had a chance to see how it fits. I've ridden in the Fidelio once before and remember it being very comfy, and I'm excited about owning one.

Katie

LaLuna
Mar. 8, 2011, 07:55 AM
I have tried one out, but I have never actually ridden in one. I liked it for the most part, I just felt strange in it. We were trying to get one made for my narrow TB, the saddle fitter I talked to had an in with the company and was hoping they could do something for me. I don't know whatever happened, but I ended up getting a wintec :/ I really want the Rondo II...that saddle is NICE.