PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ: STOLEN SADDLES IN LA!!

mylilpony
Mar. 3, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hey everyone.
On Saturday night 50 saddles where stolen from my barn (mine included) my barn is located at The LA Equestrian Center. My saddle was a 17.5 custom made Anatares and was only about 2 years old so still in good condition. I am posting because i would REALLY appreciate it if you all could spread the word and keep your ears and eyes open for anyone trying to sell a bunch of saddles or just all of the sudden has a large stock of saddles to sell. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message me or email at my personal email address which I will put below if you have any information or hints as to where me and my fellow barn mates may be able to find our saddles!!! Thank you soooo much.
email- hjsami01@yahoo.com

tma
Mar. 3, 2011, 10:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the stolen saddles. I hope that the thieves are apprehended and your saddles found and returned quickly!

I will give a heads' up to several people I know, to be on the lookout (they are showing there beginning tomorrow), in case the thieves should return.

In the meantime - the monthly Euclid Stockyard tack and horse auction in Chino is this coming Saturday (first Saturday of every month), and Mike's Auction in Mira Loma is the following Saturday night (second Saturday of every month). Those may be places to keep a lookout at, for some of the saddles.

There also is (was?) a monthly auction in the Bakersfield area on the first Monday of every month. If that's still the case, it might be yet another place to check. Maybe the auction people will remember saddles, or someone consigning a large number of them?

I know that last fall there were a number of vehicle break-ins at LAEC, with a lot of things stolen then, too.

Passing the word along - the more eyes looking, the better!

Do you have a police report, and detective contact info? A photo of your saddle, at least?

PRS
Mar. 6, 2011, 10:50 AM
I know that this won't help you get your saddle back but is just a suggestion in order to possitively ID your saddle later....I always mark my saddles in a hidden place with permanent marker. It is usually the last 4 of either my phone# or SS#.

Kamenzeic
Jun. 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
My saddle was stolen in October along with everyone else's at my barn... I was browsing the Internet today for new saddle options when I found my stolen saddle on eBay! Almost everyone I know in the h/j world has had theirs stolen. I urge you to look for yours and your friends saddles on eBay!! I left a message with the detective dept. the person selling my saddle has excellent feedback and has sold 43 used hunter jumper saddles all out of California. They most certainly know that they are stolen and are a reseller to the ring of saddle thieves plaguing tack rooms all along the west coast. They even opened their eBay account right after the first tack rooms were hit. I'm lucky because my saddle is very recognizable but these people need to be caught! No idea if I'll be able to get my saddle back because someone just bought it but I'm going to do what I can to a least catch this person.

Malda
Jun. 20, 2012, 10:36 AM
Wow, 50 saddles? How did they do that with no one noticing? I'm in the San Fernando Valley so I'll let people know about the theft. Sorry to hear it happened!

skydy
Jun. 20, 2012, 11:38 AM
Have you cross posted? Perhaps onto the Off Course forum?
I'm concerned that your post could get lost in the Endurance and Trail forum..

MILOUTE55
Jun. 20, 2012, 12:27 PM
My saddle was stolen in October along with everyone else's at my barn... I was browsing the Internet today for new saddle options when I found my stolen saddle on eBay! Almost everyone I know in the h/j world has had theirs stolen. I urge you to look for yours and your friends saddles on eBay!! I left a message with the detective dept. the person selling my saddle has excellent feedback and has sold 43 used hunter jumper saddles all out of California. They most certainly know that they are stolen and are a reseller to the ring of saddle thieves plaguing tack rooms all along the west coast. They even opened their eBay account right after the first tack rooms were hit. I'm lucky because my saddle is very recognizable but these people need to be caught! No idea if I'll be able to get my saddle back because someone just bought it but I'm going to do what I can to a least catch this person.

Could you link to the ebay store? If you're sure it's your saddle, I don't see anything wrong with pointing out the store to make sure everybody is careful not to buy from them.

Stolen saddles almost always end up on ebay. Usually they do quick auctions at awkward hours like in the middle of the night, so they are purchased by European customers and the thieves have less chance to get caught in the US.

MILOUTE55
Jun. 20, 2012, 12:29 PM
Have you cross posted? Perhaps onto the Off Course forum?
I'm concerned that your post could get lost in the Endurance and Trail forum..

true