PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ: STOLEN SADDLES IN LA!!

mylilpony
Mar. 3, 2011, 01:45 AM
Hey everyone.
On Saturday night 50 saddles where stolen from my barn (mine included) my barn is located at The LA Equestrian Center. My saddle was a 17.5 custom made Anatares and was only about 2 years old so still in good condition. I am posting because i would REALLY appreciate it if you all could spread the word and keep your ears and eyes open for anyone trying to sell a bunch of saddles or just all of the sudden has a large stock of saddles to sell. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message me or email at my personal email address which I will put below if you have any information or hints as to where me and my fellow barn mates may be able to find our saddles!!! Thank you soooo much.
email- hjsami01@yahoo.com

dwblover
Mar. 3, 2011, 09:45 AM
Keep your eyes on ebay and craigslist!!!

hoopoe
Mar. 3, 2011, 09:49 AM
I am sorry for your losses.

It is a huge racket. I say never give up

Our barn was robbed many years ago and one saddle was recovered back east. It had been sold and shipped out of the LA area via Craigslist or EBay

The saddle was a Schlesse and the new owner called her rep for a fitting. Rep ran the number and saw that it was stolen. The person contacted the EBay / Craigslist seller

AND GOT HER MONEY BACK. So there she was money back AND a saddle. She sent it back to our police department and they returned it to the barn.

Keep checking the saddle ids on line and advise everyone else to do so as well for at least a year or so.

If you saddle has a makers number, let them know that it is stolen and to keep an ear for it.

HFSH
Mar. 3, 2011, 02:15 PM
Were they all dressage saddles?

Velvet
Mar. 3, 2011, 02:17 PM
I read LA and thought it was for Louisiana.

mylilpony
Mar. 3, 2011, 07:07 PM
No, my saddle and everyone's from my barn english saddles for the hunters/jumpers/eq. and by LA i mean Los Angeles

Blue Star
Mar. 3, 2011, 07:15 PM
FIFTY?????

Holy Cow...I thought LAEC had night security patrols...its not like that many saddles can be got in a "grab and go"...you'd need a truck and several people plus the actual BREAK in....

Makes me sick that horse-savy people would do this to each other...:no: