PDA

View Full Version : Training Level Test 3 Trot Loops

ACP
Mar. 1, 2011, 05:47 PM
In TL 3, on the trot loops, does one stay on the same diagonal when posting, or change and then change back, as the bend changes?

The Centaurian
Mar. 1, 2011, 05:53 PM
whatever balances your horse best. diagonals don't matter in dressage.

CHT
Mar. 1, 2011, 06:12 PM
I change my posting diagonal. I use the "sit two" to help create a better rebalancing step to get a smoother change of bend.

I have had schooling show judges comment on "wrong diagonals" for students under their rider scores, but not sure if that applies at recognized shows.

joiedevie99
Mar. 1, 2011, 06:21 PM
Doesn't matter. I've heard a few trainers say not to change diagonal because it often causes the horse to take a shorter step and not flow as well.

Petstorejunkie
Mar. 1, 2011, 09:02 PM
I vote stay on the same diagonal

caper
Mar. 5, 2011, 02:33 PM
I recall at a schooling show a judge marked my son down for being on the wrong diagonal when he was a junior rider. He is also visually impaired and goes by feel. He still won his class but so much for it doesn't matter what diagonal your on.

CFFarm
Mar. 5, 2011, 03:38 PM
If your horse "uses" your "sit" in your change of diagonal almost like a half-halt signal that a change of bend is coming then use it (as long as tempo and balance don't go out the window) otherwise, as others have said, don't worry about it.