PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Riding School Bereiter Herbert Seiberl Clinic - Michigan

Speedy Alice
Feb. 28, 2011, 11:14 PM
All are invited to attend a classical dressage in Michigan featuring Bereiter Herbert Seiberl from the world-renowned Spanish Riding School of Vienna, Austria.

When: Thursday, March 24 - Saturday, March 26, 2011
Where: Blue Water Dressage Stables, Bridgeport,MI
Info, schedule, and updates at www.dressageclinics.org
Flier: http://dressageclinics.org/fliermar2011.pdf
(copy & paste URL into browser if clicking doesn't open the links)

Friday, March 25, 3:30 - 5:30 PM - early dinner/Meet & Greet with SRS Bereiter Herbert Seiberl at Pam & Bud Atkinsons's home, Blue Water Dressage. $5.00 includes food & beverage; pre-registration required:
http://dressageclinics.org/fliermar2011.pdf.

Riding slots may be available; cost is $195 per lesson, which includes the meal & Meet N Greet party on Friday. In addition, each rider receives a $20.00 Dover Saddlery gift certificate & auditing passes. If you're interested in riding, please e me ASAP for further information. All levels accepted and welcome.

Auditors welcome! Daily auditing fee is $13.50 - $25.00/day; discounts given to pre-registered auditors, those auditing multiple days, groups of 3 or more, and Juniors under 18. Come with friends for $15.00/day! See flier for additional info: www.dressageclinics.org/fliermar2011.pdf

The Spanish Riding School has exemplified the best of classical dressage for over 430 years. Come see why as Herr Seiberl works with horses and riders from Training Level through Grand Prix.

Herr Seiberl has been with the Spanish Riding School for 18 years and is accustomed to working with horses of all breeds. He has private students and horses in training in Austria who compete successfully in the show ring.

Herbert is a fabulous instructor - he speaks excellent English, is an effective and clear communicator, is very kind and patient, and a beautiful rider.

He demands correct work but is very encouraging throughout the lesson, and is wonderful with riders of all levels and both ammies and pros. He is just as good at starting changes and piaffe/passage and tweaking canter pirouettes as he is helping a lower level rider develop throughness and begin lateral work.

Please don't hesitate to email me (jorie @ dressageclinics.org) if you have any questions. Herbert and I look forward to seeing many of you in March!

Petstorejunkie
Mar. 1, 2011, 01:40 PM
Wow, your prices are CHEAP! :eek:
Wish is was closer, if it isn't within a day's drive I can't really consider it.

Speedy Alice
Mar. 7, 2011, 10:27 AM
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been dealing with a bad laptop virus. :(

Thanks for the comment on "cheap" prices... I try! I know it's relative, and I wish I could make the lesson fees lower (I have to pay them, too!!), but the air fare, lodging, arena rental, food costs, etc on top of his clinician's fee add up. :(

For me it's a big chunk of change but worth it the twice a year he can come to the U.S... he changed me as a rider (in a good way!).

Out of curiosity, where are you located?

Petstorejunkie
Mar. 7, 2011, 12:33 PM
N Carolina

Speedy Alice
Mar. 7, 2011, 12:51 PM
N Carolina

About how far from High Point? And is there a strong dressage community there? Just wondering because my husband does a lot of business there & I've thought before about the possibility of doing an SRS clinic in that area. :)

Petstorejunkie
Mar. 7, 2011, 01:23 PM
I'm only about 2.5 hours from High Point.

you've got Southern Pines within 2-3 hours of High Point (HUGE dressage community)
Tryon is also within 2-3 hours of High Point
I'm in the Raleigh area and there is a great community of dressage people there too.

It's my understanding that the greensboro triad area is more trail endurance, because of the mountains, but i'm relatively new to NC, and don't know for sure. There are a few members on here that are within an hour of High Point that I think this would be right up their alley.

Speedy Alice
Mar. 8, 2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info - I don't know much about the area at all. Sounds like there's potential interest, anyway! I'll keep you posted if we think we can do a clinic in your area.

BTW, not to be all stalkerish-sounding & derail my own thread, but in another thread you mentioned you were Polish... as in from Poland, or family in Poland? Our oldest is there now, in Trakow. He's been there just a couple of months, teaching English. He's slowly learning Polish. :)

Petstorejunkie
Mar. 9, 2011, 07:56 AM
I'm second generation, US born.