PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get cool monogramed pads?

ttino101
Feb. 25, 2011, 06:39 PM
A few friends and I are going to be showing as a team, and we were looking for somewhere to find cool but classy monogrammed (customized) saddle pads. Any ideas? Also, know anywhere to find cool (horse) polos or have any other ideas? Thanks! :)

Linda
Feb. 25, 2011, 06:57 PM
I did this by buying plain white pads and then taking them to a local embroidery shop. There are lots of these businesses around - they cater to monograming sports team names for local little league etc.

I had my horses name embroidered in a neat script style and then had a design around it. Its neat. Each pad was done differently. I get lots of comments when I ride. And it was NOT a lot of money to get it done.

Initially I did this with show pads, but as I was in a boarding barn at the time, and my stuff would sometimes disapear, I bought some inexpensive schooling pads and had them enmbroidered as well. It worked. My pads were no longer mysteriously disapearing.

Check out the designs the embroidery places offer. Its fun to look at all the options and pick out something that will be customized just for you.

SprinklerBandit
Feb. 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
Smartpak has a nice embroidery service. Just pick the pad you want and they take care of it. I got mine for $30--cheap pad, but it looks great.

TheHorseProblem
Feb. 27, 2011, 12:39 PM
At the big hunter/jumper shows, there is usually someone who does embroidery there on the spot, like at Disneyland.

Valentina_32926
Mar. 1, 2011, 10:24 AM
I have a friend in Oviedo (near Orlando) that will embroider on your pad(s) or buy some and sell it with an embroidery pattern of your choice.

She has several beautiful patterns to choose from, or you can send her a pattern of your choice from the Internet (which she'll purchase) to use - but if she has to purchase a pattern she does not yet have it runs a bit more. If you want her contact information PM me - she does a beautiful job (she's done several Xmas and personnal items for me).

Follow link for some of the designs she's done for me:
http://www.jerichodesigns.com/JD177%20Riding%20the%20Kur.htm

She's also done work for local arabian and endurance clubs.

InsideLeg2OutsideRein
Mar. 1, 2011, 12:47 PM
SmartPak has a free monogram special this week.

SaddleUp158
Mar. 1, 2011, 04:53 PM
Radon has nice saddle pads that they monogram. Their website is radoninc.com

ivy62
Mar. 2, 2011, 02:32 PM
try equine textiles in Mt. Sterling Ky. I have had several things made by them and they are really nice and reasonable also......