PDA

View Full Version : Best report to obtain full history on a mare?

EquusMagnificus
Feb. 23, 2011, 08:08 AM
I would love the obtain as much information as possible on my TB broodmare's racing past and I was wondering which would be the best report to order?

The most complete one?

I find it hard to figure out what each of them mean and include...

Either on Equiline or Brisnet or any other website you can recommend of course. The cheaper the better. ;)

(She is Barbarees Hill, a 1998 model by Matter Of Honor out of Hippic for those curious! :))

Thanks!!

animaldoc
Feb. 23, 2011, 09:28 AM
You can get info on every race she was in...
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=4530538&registry=T

EquusMagnificus
Feb. 23, 2011, 09:50 AM
Thanks animaldoc!

Now I'll need a glossary to understand what the comments mean...

Ie. stalk forced pace rail

:confused:

I need help! :lol:

SeeHowSheRuns
Feb. 23, 2011, 09:53 AM
I use equineline.
If you are looking for a report with your mare's race record, I would get report 9.
If she has been a broodmare and you are looking for what she produced that raced, I would get 20DP. That includes their auction prices as well.
And a regular pedigree is 40P.
Hope that helps.

SeeHowSheRuns
Feb. 23, 2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks animaldoc!

Now I'll need a glossary to understand what the comments mean...

Ie. stalk forced pace rail

:confused:

I need help! :lol:

Sounds like she ran behind the leader, forced pace means that she did not let up so pushed the leading horse rather than letting it relax on the lead. And rail means that she was close to the rail, rather than swinging wide toward the middle of the track

EquusMagnificus
Feb. 23, 2011, 11:08 AM
SeeHowSheRuns, is that good or bad?

:lol: Is there any website to help me decipher all this terminology?

Or you guys might find me annoying. ;)

SeeHowSheRuns
Feb. 23, 2011, 02:04 PM
SeeHowSheRuns, is that good or bad?

:lol: Is there any website to help me decipher all this terminology?

You would have to look at the whole chart to see how good it was. If she won, I'd say it was good. As you look at the results, you can see how far back she was at each point of call in the race and that will help you see where she was positioned.

mintano
Feb. 23, 2011, 07:12 PM
She broke her maiden at first asking as a 3yo at Fort Erie in Canada for $20k. Her 3yo year was by far her best with a record of 8 races, 3 wins, 1 place, 2 shows and earnings of $63k. She was claimed for $20k in her second start. In her third start she went up in class to $25k, finished 2nd and was claimed again. Claimed once again in her 5th start. In her 6th start she dropped pretty big in class down to $10k, won that start. Her next start she went back up to $25k and once again came home a winner.

She looks like she had some sort of issue as a 4yo. Made 2 starts but then nothing until January when she turned 5. She moved from Canada down to the states as a 5yo. In april she went back up to Canada and won for $10k. She was 3rd in a small stakes in July. After that she tailed off and wasn't competitive any longer. She was quite popular in the claim box!

Foals:
Make it Fo - 2005 Bay Gelding, 26 Starts, 6 wins, earnings of $46k, still running at age 6 at Mountaineer

Weekendonthebeach - 2006 Chestnut Filly, 27 starts, 2 wins, earnings of $87k, still running at age 5 at Charlestown

Berry Hill - 2007 Bay Gelding, 9 starts, 1 win, earnings of $18k, hasn't run since September of 2010

Ring Chest - 2009 Dark Bay/Brown Filly, unraced

Unnamed (Live Foal Reported) - 2010 Filly

EquusMagnificus
Feb. 23, 2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you Mintano!

I know she had an ankle bothering her...

And the 2010 filly is mine :winkgrin: You can see her here: http://www.equusmagnificus.ca/muscade-e-m.html (I JUST got her registration kit in the mail!)

As well as the mare herself here if you are interested after reading more into her history! http://www.equusmagnificus.ca/barbarees-hill.html

It is great to know that her two oldest are still running...!

I have lots of reading to do to understand all this...