PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some dressage contacts in northern AZ, CO or Utah

florida foxhunter
Feb. 22, 2011, 09:12 AM
I would like to find some dressage folks from Northern AZ, CO or Utah.........
anyone live in those areas????

cllane1
Feb. 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
Utah: http://www.utahdressagesociety.net/

canterhavenfarm
Feb. 22, 2011, 10:51 AM
Sending you a PM

mjhco
Feb. 22, 2011, 12:19 PM
For Colorado and Utah www.rmds.org

You can p.m. me with specific questions.

Essie
Feb. 22, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'm not in northern Colorado, but I'm in CO. I'm an hour south of Denver. PM me if you think I can help.

atr
Feb. 22, 2011, 01:57 PM
I'm in Utah. What can we help you with?

Caduceusf
Feb. 22, 2011, 10:55 PM
Caduceusfarm.com

myvanya
Feb. 23, 2011, 11:09 AM
I am also in CO- around the Colorado Springs area....feel free to PM if I can help with anything :)

Cowgirl
Feb. 23, 2011, 07:55 PM
Colorado, Denver metro area.

florida foxhunter
Feb. 24, 2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks........I bred and raised, then sold, and just got "custody" of again.........a LOVELY 17.1 black coming nine year old Rubenstein grandson. He's developed allergies, we believe to the mold in this horrendously humid Panhandle of Florida. The vets think there is a strong possibility he'll be "fine" if he moves to a drier climate. It's under control here with meds, but we dread putting him through another of our summers. Last year we had many weeks of 115 degree heat index's!!! (my tack is moldy within a week if not kept in the AC tack room!!)
His owner is hoping to find him a loving home with an educated horseman!.....and will work with them however necessary.
I just thought I'd start out by trying to touch base with some dressage folks in the right areas........and see where it may lead. Someone may know of someone?
Unfortunately, most of my contacts are on the east coast........
I have lots of photos and videos of him for anyone interesterd. Some are on my website.....
Thanks for any suggestions of where to start!

Caduceusf
Feb. 24, 2011, 11:32 PM
It is a plausible solution to the horse's problem with allergies. I have taken several horses from Florida with serious issues with molds. Only on one occasion did a horse not improve. The damage to the lungs had already gotten too severe. Even though my barn is air-conditioned it couldn't help this particular horse.

The climate of the Rocky Mountain West is beneficial in some cases.

Good luck with the horse!

atr
Feb. 25, 2011, 12:15 AM
I'll put out some feelers for you.

Certainly my best buddy took on a horse with the same sort of issues from Texas a couple of years ago and she's done very well here.

Zugabe
Feb. 25, 2011, 01:03 AM
I'm also in Utah (outside of Park City).

I moved here last year from an incredibly hot, humid climate and both my horses and I love it.

PM me if you need trainers, barns, etc. Lots of dressage in this area.

florida foxhunter
Feb. 25, 2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks, I'll get in touch with each of you! He just had a workup at the University of FL Vet School and has minimal damage to his lungs.....and basically got a "good" report. Hopefully he'll blossom elsewhere.

It breaks my heart, as I've never had a horse I love more than this guy.I just drool watching him trot around.....and he's soooooo connected to me and sweet,.

He'll make someone a horse of a lifetime, promise! (but they'll have to promise to keep in touch)

P.S. I once lived in Telluride, CO and spent a lot of time traveling around all over CO, eastern Utah and Northern AZ.............I LOVE it out there........you all are so lucky!!

netg
Feb. 25, 2011, 11:24 PM
Does it have to be somewhere cooler, or just no mold issues?

There are plenty of warmer AZ places he could possibly fit in wonderfully which are hot but dry, I'd think. Or even New Mexico, lots of places in CA, etc.

exvet
Feb. 26, 2011, 02:11 AM
It maybe worth it to have him tested for the more common allergens found in the southwest before you send him "out here". I know of a GP horse who was discovered to have "allergies" while living in Wellington (after he was imported). The thought process was similar and he was sold to someone who lived in Phoenix. Well it wasn't long before he had a huge allergy attack after arriving here. He was put on hyposensitization injections and managed like most highly allergic horses. There were periods despite all his owner did (she literally spared no expense) that he had a bare tail and neck (due to the pruritis). They live in California now and I understand he's been easier to manage but still has minor flare ups from time to time.